Chapter 33

Gohan entered the lobby of Power Tech once again. Now in his costume, Gohan made his way to the elevator, and pushed the button for the top floor. Just as the doors began to close, Gohan could hear someone yelling from outside. "Wait! Hold the elevator!"

As Gohan put his hand in the small crevice of space left between the door and the wall, a familiar face stumbled into the elevator. "Kaminari?!"

"Gohan!?" He said as he attempted to catch his breath. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm doing my Work Study with Ajax since he's an old friend of a friend." He explained Kaminari turned around to push a button on an elevator.

"Eh... Oh! You've got the button pressed already!" Kaminari realized as he turned around with a thumbs up.

"The top floor? Does that mean you're going up to see Ajax, too?!" The thought finally hit Gohan clearly. "Are you supposed to be meeting at the top floor?"

"Yeah, Omega told me to be here today. I'm actually really glad that I caught you, he would have been pissed if I was late for the meeting." He explained. The two continued to chat until the elevator finally reached the top floor. As they walked off, and entered the hallway leading into Ajax's office suite, Kaminari's jaw dropped. "Woah, this place is huge!"

"Tell me about it. He has a massive dojo on standby one room over." Gohan told him as they stepped down onto the slightly lower level, taking in the view of the crowd of fifteen people gathered around Ajax's circular desk.

"There he is! Saiyaman, get down here!" Ajax called out. Behind the desk, Gohan could see that he had a black undersuit similar to the one that Amane was wearing. "Everyone, Saiyaman here is going to be our ace in the hole. He's a real gifted prodigy."

"Good one, Ajax." A man with red visor glasses spoke through a face mask with a lighthearted tone. ""He is a child, after all. What's his Quirk? Instant Annihilation? Or can he cause all of the puppies and dogs in the world to immediately turn on their owners?" He joked, chuckling slightly through his mask. "If you're finished bragging, and everyone is here, we can begin." He said as Kaminari joined the man with a long yellow coat. Next to the two of them, as well as another man that Gohan assumed was a Sidekick, was a familiar head of black hair. Wearing a white mask with arrow-like extensions on the bottom that crossed her cheeks and ended at her chin. She wore a white gi that wrapped loosely around her chest, securing itself over one shoulder. She wore a pair of brown pants, and a matching sash, and she wore black martial-arts shoes similar to what his father wore. Is that...?!

"Yeah, yeah, we all know you're jealous, Micronaut. Get over here, Saiyaman!" Ajax told his comrade as Gohan joined him and Amane, who was in her armor behind the desk. "Alright, let's start, everybody. As you know, there is an operation with several Hero Agencies to raid the Shie Hassaikai and apprehend the yakuza head known as Overhaul. Part of this operation is saving a little girl who is suspected of being used as an experiment." Hearing this brought Saiyaman's stomach into a knot. "We are known as the Joint Hero Interception Force. As our name implies, we are to intercept any oncoming reinforcements that'll try and attempt to combat their operation. We will also stand by as backup should their numbers overwhelm the initial assault force. Are there any questions about the operation?"
"Sir!" A young man spoke, raising his hands. "High Roller, Work Study student with the Luminous Records Hero Agency. I was wondering if it would be possible for everyone here to share their names and Quirks, so that we can better work together in the near future!" He was roughly four or so inches above Gohan, and had slicked-back brown hair and baby blue eyes. He wore a purple dress shirt with a black tie and slate gray vest, completed with black slacks. On his face was half of a white Thalia mask, and in his hands were a purple bowler hat and a cane, topped with a dome grip that melded into a cone, closing downward into the rod. "It's important that we understand the capabilities of our new comrades, should we see them cornered by particular villains that may counter their Quirks well." He explained.