Chapter 12

Android 21 awoke with a fright, quickly sitting up in her bed. All she could do was grip her chest tightly as she calmed her breathing. "Where...am I...?" She asked herself through a whisper, looking around. All she could identify was that it was an all white room, complete with a few covered beds on top of metal frames. A couple of the beds seemed to be occupied, both of which she recognized from her databanks. Katsuki Bakugo, and Izuku Midoriya, both of whom were asleep. Her head pounded, and as her hand went from her chest to rub her throbbing temple, she could feel paper weaving under a good portion of her long hair. "What even happened...?" She said quietly, suddenly recalling her last moments before she passed out. Oh yeah, that boy...with the golden hair... Gohan. Her head lowered at the realization that she had lost the fight.

"You're in my office." A voice unbeknownst to her had said, snapping her back to reality. "That Gohan sure doesn't know how to hold back. He's just like All Might." A short old lady wearing some form of goggles took a step out from a computer. "You were fighting young Son Gohan, and I'm afraid he beat you badly. You had several broken ribs, more stress fractures than I could count, and a concussion to top it all off. But, thanks to my Quirk, and your ridiculous stamina, it healed within a very short amount of time."

"You...healed me?" She asked.

"That's right. I want you to know that we could have you arrested for what you did. You made a full-on assault on our school, all for, from what I heard, a decent fight. You erased a good portion of one of our training grounds, which you wouldn't have gotten away with so easily had it been populated.

21 found herself curling up, her knees closing in on her chest. Yes. It's true that I was created with the science and research of Dr. Gero, after the Cell Project failed, and the resources and programming of the League of Villains. However, they wanted me to be different from all those Nomus. They wanted me to have personality and free will, that way I could be the ultimate combination of stealth and strength, so that no Hero would look at me and assume I'm evil. Although, I'm really not evil... Tears began to stream down the android's cheeks. In my old life, before I was kidnapped, I just wanted to be a Hero like everyone else. Without a Quirk, it seemed impossible. When I gained consciousness in All For One's lab, I felt a surge of power. I just wanted to see how strong I was now.

"Now, now, young missy, there's no need for waterworks. Young Son Gohan already told me that he sensed no true evil in your heart, and that you very much reminded him of his father. Although the destruction you caused was extreme, he told me a story of a man who fights to protect the very planet he tried to destroy so many years ago." She told her in an attempt of consolation. Her words only began to sink in once 21 felt a finger wipe her tears away. She jerked her head to the side, turning to see Gohan's smile, his body refusing to touch the floor in an attempt to give her a full view of his sincere smile.

"Android 21, you can fight alongside us." He offered, reaching out a hand. "With your strength, the school will never have to worry about an invasion again." His fist clenched, covering his face before he removed it from view, revealing a more confident smile.

"Well, that would be up to the Principal." Recovery Girl informed them. "I'll set up an appointment for you to speak to him. But until then, try not to destroy anything else."

"Yes ma'am, absolutely. I apologize sincerely for all the trouble." She told her with a bow, surprising Gohan. He had notice her change in dialect from earlier, and it wasn't moments later before she noticed his confused expression. "Oh, you must be lost by my change in accent. See, whenever I get super excited or pumped, I begin speaking more like I'm illiterate. It's a bad habit I'm trying to get rid of. Anyway, Gohan, you don't have to worry about me. Since I have nowhere to go, I think I'll just crash here for a little while, if that's ok with you, ma'am." She said, turning towards Recovery Girl.