Chapter 9

It was the second day of training. Much to Vegeta's surprise, as well as his delight, Gohan had improved overnight. He was now much more capable of being Vegeta's sparring partner, and the two spent their second day sparring, eating, and sparring some more, with little room for breaks. It wasn't until nightfall that their training was interrupted.

The red tint of the Gravity Chamber faded as an incoming transmission played, a feature that Bulma installed in order to prevent Vegeta from being pinned down whenever she called. "Vegeta, I don't mean to interrupt, but part of Hosu City is being attacked." She said, turning her monitor towards the camera so that they could see the aerial news feed.

"Yeah, and what of it? It'll probably be some more weaklings acting like spoiled brats. Let the Pro Heroes handle it." He grumbled, crossing his arms.

"It wasn't meant for you. Civilian reports state that there are three reported assailants, each with wild eyes and exposed brains." She explained, pulling up a news photo of one of the Nomus.

"You mean like-?!" Gohan began as Bulma interrupted him with a nod. "I'm sorry, Vegeta, I need to go help them! I'll be back soon!" He shouted as he dashed out of the Gravity Chamber and flew off into the night. Minutes passed before he finally found himself flying over Hosu, and very clearly he could see the source of the carnage. He dropped down just in time to see a bus flatten a car, causing them to erupt into flames. A Hero with horns ripped a fire hydrant from the ground, and a fellow Hero rushed over and pointed at the water, willing it to envelop the flames.

"You're in the way, kid!" The man with horns said as he got in front of Gohan. "You and that other kid evacuate the area!" He heard as he looked over, seeing a familiar green jumpsuit entering the ally, ending with a red shoe.

"Izuku?! No, I can't worry about that right now!" Gohan said to himself as he vanished and appeared in front of a Pro Hero in time to catch a skidding car. "You'll be alright now, get some distance!" He said as he vanished once again, spin-kicking the large Nomu in the head and sending him flying into a nearby wall.

"Woah, what the hell?! Isn't he just a kid?" The Hero with the fish-helmet shouted. Gohan wasted no time, appearing above the flying Nomu, and using a somersault to kick him into the ground. The Heroes stared in awe at Gohan's abilities.

As he landed, the larger Nomu dashed from the wall, throwing a heavy punch, but to no avail. Gohan turned with a glare and caught his fist with ease. "Wait, isn't that the kid from the Sports Festival?!" The Hero in green shouted as Gohan pulled the Nomu downward, giving it a firm punch right in the chest. The Nomu went limp as Gohan let go of it and turned to the other Nomu. Suddenly, it had flown off with someone in its foot. Gohan prepared to blast off as the other Nomu got back up, having regenerated from his last hit.

As if out of nowhere, Endeavor slammed a fist into it, severely burning its arm before he chucked a flaming spear into the flying Nomu's head, but to no avail. As the large Nomu began to regenerate, Gohan took to the air. "Endeavor, you handle him, I'll go after the other one!" He called out before blasting off.

"Damn, I need to end this quickly! He may have won in the Sports Festival, but he's still a child! He's in way over his head!" Endeavor shouted to himself before ordering the other Heroes to investigate the mysterious address given to his son prior to the encounter. Moments later the large Nomu charged, and the #2 Hero proceeded to incinerate its head.

Meanwhile, just as Gohan turned the corner, he could see Midoriya get swept up as the Nomu began to fly off, prompting him to Snap-Vanish and appear above the creature before slamming him to the ground, catching his shocked friend by the wrist. Deku winced as he instinctively reached for his right hand. "G-Gohan!? I was injured, you shouldn't hold me like that!" he gritted through his teeth as Gohan descended towards Todoroki, Iida, and an unfamiliar old man, as well as a bound man with a red scarf. Just then, the Pro Heroes appeared, stopping to take in the scene.