One Month Later (Part 1)

A/N: I do own my OC and plotline.

Reader's POV.

One Month Later.

She was walking briskly, trying to get back to the safety of her home. Why had she been so stupid and gone out? The world around her was completely dark, due to the power cut that had stolen all of the light. She was walking home blindly, using the light of the moon to guide her. She was terrified. Anything could happen to her in the darkness, anyone could be lurking around in the shadows.

Suddenly, she collided with someone, which caused her to fall upon the cold, hard pavement on Tenth Avenue. She lay there, frozen in fear, unsure what to do. What if the person was hostile? There was most likely no one around to hear her screams of help or to assist her if she was atracked.

"Aw, man. That hurt." a voice suddenly said, groaning in pain.

Wait, she knew that voice...

"Hey, whoever you are, are you okay?"

It was Sebastian Stan!

"I-I'm fine." she stuttered, forgetting to use her American accent.

Uh oh.

There was a pause in the darkness, she could only hear his breathing. Slowly and as quietly as she could, she rose to her feet, whincing as pain shot down her left arm. It didn't feel broken, so hopefully she was just suffering from a sprain.

She listened carefully, trying to work out how close he was to her. She sensed him standing up, trying to be as silent as her.

"Valerian?" he whispered.

Oh no.

She suddenly ran, thankful for her dark surroundings, hopefully she would be able to escape him. His footsteps echoed behind her as he persued her. Damn it! She continued to run even though her legs protested and her chest gelt as if it was going to cave in.

"Val!" he called for her. The pain in his voice made her heart break but he couldn't see her, not like this. He would know that she had talked to him in the park.

She kept on running, weaving further and further into NYC's darkened heart. Where were they? Everything was just...dark. It was like she was unconscious but physically moving. A weird experience.

Suddenly, she tripped and fell onto the ground with a loud thud. She hoped to break her fall by outstretching her hands, instead she scraped the skin off of them. She hissed in pain and she lay there in a heap on the ground. He was sure to catch her now.

He didn't know that she had fallen over. He hadn't heard her trip and he hadn't seen her fall. If he had, he would have stopped and helped her instead of stumbling over her hunched body. He fell face first onto the rough sidewalk.

Ouch.

He lay there for a moment, his legs tangled with hers. He felt sick, she was lying beside him. His lost wife was now beside him. Where had she been? Why was she running from him? He had so many questions he wanted to ask her.

"Val..."he murmured.

She began to quiver, tears in her eyes. This was not the way she had wanted them to be reunited. It was all so wrong!

Sebastian could hear Valerian's uneven breathing and immediately knew that she was crying. Instinctively, he blindly attempted to sit up and pull her into his arms. She didn't resist, her body was so obedient to his touch. Oh how she had missed his gentle hugs and tender kisses.

Carefully, he helped her stand up with him, his arms still wrapped around her smaller frame. Valerian continued to shake.

"Valerian?"

Boom. Boom. Boom. The lights of NYC all came on. The bright lights blinding the unsuspecting couple. It was as if the World had been switched on with the flick of a switch (they probably had). It was dazzling. Valerian was so mesmerised by the city around her that she hadn't noticed that her wig had fallen upon the ground. She heard a quiet gasp.

Oh no.

"What the Hell has happened to you?!"

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

She was going to have to tell him now...

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N:

QOTD: SOOO, WHAT DID YOU THINK?