Louise

A/N: DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MARVEL OR TWS BUT I DO OWN MY OC AND PLOTLINE.

Dedicated to @Lady_Loki_00

They stood opposite one another, Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America and Jane Barnes a.k.a. The Winter Soldier. They stood on the metal bridge, just staring, knowing that this was it, the final battle. Steve took in her armour, black leggings, chunky “emo” boots, a leather jacket with various buckles and straps attached to the front and finally, the metal arm that gleamed so brightly in the setting sun's light. What had HYDRA turned her into?

He knew that this was how it had to end, a fight between them . “People are going to die.” he called to the girl he once loved. “I can't let that happen.”

She remained silent.

“Please don't make me do this.” he begged, still hoping that Jane would suddenly remember him and they could escape the failing Helicarrier together.

But that never happened.

Jane stared at Steve with pure hatred and at that moment, America's favourite hero knew that that love of his life was truly against him. Swallowing hard, Steve tried to prepare himself for the most difficult battle of his life. A battle he knew only one of them would come away alive from. With that in mind...

...he threw his shield as hard as he could towards The Winter Soldier. She quickly deflected, sending the round metal disk flying back towards Steve. While she did that, her other hand grappled for the gun that was strapped to her thigh, pulling it out of it's holster, she fired to shots which reverberated off other the shield that Captain America now clutched to him, protecting him from the offending fire. Again, Steve tried to hit Jane with the shield, the sound of metal hitting metal filled the air. Two more shots from the assassin, one hit the shield, the other embedded itself in Steve's side, causing him to falter. Aiming to strike again, the female lunged at the injured opponent but Steve saw her attack coming at slammed his shield into her, sending Jane flying backwards a few metres away. Scrambling to her feet, unperturbed, she unsheathed a pocket knife.

Not again, Steve inwardly groaned.

Running towards him with all the strength, she slashed the air with her knife. Steve sent a punch to her stomach as well as two swipes of the shield. There was a flurry of silver and legs. They two warriors sent kicks at each others legs, trying to trip the other up. More gun shots, more clanging of metal, shield upon arm. Jane suddenly stumbled away, allowing Steve a few minutes to move towards the carrier’s programming system. He sensed the soldier behind him again, spinning around, Jane's knife collided with his arm, splitting the skin and material. The knife would have made another impact on his skin, if Steve had not protected himself with his trusty shield, the friction from the knife's blade and the Vibranium caused sparks to shoot out at them. More kicks and more punches made impact with the duo. Grabbing her arm, Steve tried to block another blow to the stomach but Jane suddenly had his arm bent backwards, trying to snap bone with her mutant metal arm.

Somehow, Steve managed to escape her grip and send a kick towards her torso. He was back to where he started, trying to change the Helicarrier's chips with one of Fury's rogues. Once again, Captain America sensed The Winter Soldier advancing, turning to face her, which was just in time as he had to block another punch with his shield. Using all his might, he pushed her backwards a few metres again, away from the microchips. There were more swipes of the shield and knife. The vibranium collided with Kelsey's head but still she continued the fight. Another blow to the face was what truly infuriated her.

She growled like an animal, running towards Steve (who was currently trying to support himself with the railing) she tackled him, sending them both flying off of the current platform and causing them to fall to another ledge. The microchip Steve needed slipped from his grasp as he crashed onto the new level. He and Jane were suddenly locked once more in combat, grappling each other's arms, kicking each other in the stomach as they held onto one another. The captain tried to grab her arm but with superhuman strength, she flipped him over her shoulder. He hit the ground with a mighty thud, rolling off of this new ledge. As he did, he saw the chip and quickly grabbed it. Jane saw the whole sequence and quickly followed by sliding off of the edge too. But before Steve could make the fall, she grabbed him and their combat resumed. The microchip flew from Steve's hand, falling down below.