Devon

A/N: Dedicated to @Dtf720

I do own my OC and plotine.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN X-MEN.

WARNING: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST SPOILS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL! MUH-HA-HA!

I really need to cut down on the coffee.

The song to listen to is 1973 by James Blunt.

Reader's POV

They were lying side by side. It was late into the evening. The lovers lay next to each other on Dominic's deep brown leather sofa, watching a film that Devon had chosen. 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'.

1973

She ran her fingers through his chin-length hair. “Don't, don't do this. Please, I'm begging you. No more, Charles, just stop this, stop this addiction.” she begged him, resting her forehead against his.

The needle was poised over his Lapis Lazuli veins, shaking in his hand. Charles's arm tensed as he slipped the needle into his tender skin. “I can't,” he hissed, frowning, his breathing laboured. “I can't deal with hearing them. I don't want to know what people are thinking, I don't want to know. I want to keep them out. I need peace and hearing them is...is Hell.”

Just as he was about to pump the medication into his blood stream, Molly grappled for the needle, pulling it swiftly out of his arm, holding it away from him.

Charles howled with anger and shrieked in pain, moving his shaking hands to cover his ears, to cover out the voices of New York. “What are you doing?!”

Wordlessly, she held the needle over her own arm, over her own vein. “I'm saving you, Charles.”

“'Saving' me? 'SAVING' ME?! This is not saving. How is subjecting me to such a torture, 'saving' me?”

“I'm doing this for you!” she lowered her gaze to the ground.“Can you hear them all?” she whispered, lowering her voice to his pitch.

“You know I can!” he yelled at her, his hands pulling at his hair as if he was losing his mind.

She couldn't stop her tears now. “Can you hear me?”

With that question, the broken male lifted his head up to gaze at Molly, his eyes full of hurt and sorrow. “What?”

“Can you hear my thoughts?”

He frowned. “Why would you ask me that?”

“Because you say that 'this is not saving' but it is, read my mind, you'd see what I mean.”

“You want me to try and attempt something I haven't done in over a year, are you insane, Molly?!”

She shifted her footing, to steady herself. “I'm 'insane' enough to still be here with you after all this time.” her eye contact locked with his.

“I can't.”

“What have you got to lose?”

“You.”

At that answer, Molly scoffed. “You haven't cared about me for a long time, Charles, otherwise we wouldn't be here right now, having this conversation.”

“You know that the serum helps me stay in control, it never stopped me from caring about you.”

Molly wiped away her tears with the sleeve of her navy jumper. “You and I both know that you're lying. Can you honestly tell me if there is any of the Xavier I knew or has he been replaced by this empty shell of a man? You say that you never stopped caring but you obviously have, Charles, you wouldn't be like this is you hadn't. Sometimes, I don't know how long I'm going to be able to cope with your drug abuse.” she tore her gaze away from his. “Sometimes, I don't know how long I'm going to be able to cope with you.”