Day Eight

A/N: I am currently composing each date scene. They will be posted in due course! I do own my OC and plotline.

The song to listen to is I'm a mess by Ed Sheeran.

Sebastian's POV.

I wake up the next morning, everyone is recovering from their various dates. I quietly move around the house before deciding to go for a run. I haven't worked out for a long time and running will help me focus on something other than Valerian's absence.

I glance in the hallway mirror before leaving the apartment. I am currently wearing a black, baggy t-shirt and some grey sweat pants. I look awful, like I have eaten or slept probably in months.

Well, I haven't slept well since she left and all I seem to be eating is cheesecake from The Cheesecake.

F*ck, I'm a mess.

I quickly leave the house and decide to go for a run in a local park.

I start at a steady pace, easing myself about into my usual athletic routine. Man, I am so out of shape. Just jogging feels like a burden. I continue to jog, even though I am pretty sure that being stabbed through the chest by Loki's sceptre is less painful.

After about thirty minutes, I stop and take a rest on a bench beside a young woman. I don't take in her facial features but there is something slightly familiar about her. She has long red hair with a full fringe, bright blue eyes and she is wearing a fitted black coat, jeans and knee-high boots. Her lips are painted scarlet red. Valerian would always wear pink.

I miss her.

This girl though, her face and neck is marred with scars. Her features are slightly marred but she still looks beautiful.

Considering it is cold, I'm surprised that I didn't wear something warmer. The meds I am on effect my body temperature occasionally. I know, they suck.

I notice that she is staring at me with interest, I smile. She returns the gesture. "Good run?" she asks.

Her voice, it is so familiar...

I nod, catching my breath.

"I've not seen you around here before, you new?" she asks. She sounds American but, I don't know, something doesn't sound right.

I shake my head. "I've been living in this area for a while. I moved here about three months ago. You?"

"Visiting."

We lapse into silence. "Has your wife lived here long too?"

I look at her with a shocked expression. "E-excuse me?"

She points a slender finger at the wedding ring on my finger. I relax slightly, also feeling slightly foolish. "Sorry, I just assumed..."

"No, no, it was my mistake." I pause. "She's lived in the area for over five years."

She nods. "It's a nice area to live in." the young woman turns her head away from me. "I used to live here too."

"Oh, really?"

She nods. "I didn't realise how much I missed it here though."

"How come you left?"

"It didn't work out with my partner. Complications occured and I...I had to split up with him."

"I'm sorry."

She looks straight at me. Gosh, she has such blue eyes. She smiles. Reader, she is so familiar. "Why should you be, it wasn't you I broke up from."

She sighs. "Yeah, it really is beautiful here." there's an uncertain pause. She looks at her watch. "Urgh, I have to go. Duty calls." the young woman turns to me again. "Thank you for talking with me. I had a really nice conversation."

I smile in response.

She rises from the bench and so do I. "It was nice meeting."

"Maybe see you around."

She shakes her head. "No, I'm not coming back. I just came today," she looks at her surroundings. "for closure I guess."

I understand, I really do. I'd do anything to get closure. Where are Valerian?

She holds out her hand. "It was nice to meet you."

I shake her hand. "It was nice to meet you too."

Then she walks away. I don't even know her name. Maybe she doesn't know mine. I'm never going to see her again, like Valerian.

This time it's different, I'm not sad. I just met someone really friendly.

XOX

To: X

From: Y

WHERE ARE YOU, WHY AREN'T YOU AT THE APARTMENT?!

To: Y

From: X

Calm down. I'm on my way back.

To: X

From: Y

Where. Are. You?

To: Y

From: X

I just went to the park for some fresh air. Calm down.

To: X

From: Y

You could have been seen? And you know the doctor said that you're not supposed to go out after your operation!

To: Y

From: X

I saw Sebastian.

To: Y

From: X

I talked to him.

To: X

From: Y

So...so he knows about everything?

To: Y

From: X

He didn't recognise me.

To: X

From: Y

He doesn't know?

To: Y

From: X

No.

To: X

From: Y

Will you be coming back soon?

To: Y

From: X

Soon, I promise. Soon. I miss him.

To: X

From: Y

He misses you too but you need to come back soon, he's only going to wait for so long.

To: Y

From: X

Soon, I promise. Really, really soon.

XOX

Sebastian's POV.

I fall upon our bed, her iPod in my ears. Her playlist plays over and over again. I feel myself falling asleep. I am so exhausted after my run. I picture her face, my wife's. I miss her so much.

Where is she?

I just want to know that she's safe. Even if she didn't want to return to me, I just want to know she's safe. Valerian, where are you?

I feel tears spill from my eyes onto my cheeks. "Where are you, Valerian?" I whisper out loud.

XOX

A/N: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU MET SEBASTIAN LIKE THAT IN A PARK?