Marihah

A/N: Dedicated to @sebastianbucky4life.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MARVEL BUT I DO OWN MY OC.

It hurt. Everything hurt. Every fibre of his being seemed to be radiating pain. All around him was hurt. His arm though, oh his arm was twisted at a weird angle, he could feel it. Why couldn't he move it? He wanted to be able to open his eyes and see the damage inflicted onto his body but he was so cold and so tired. Opening his eyes seemed like such a tiring task. Through shattered lungs he took a ragged breathe, life was slowly leaking out of him, soon he would be able to sleep. Sleep and feel no pain. Darkness couldn't come sooner.

XOX

His scream ripped through the air, jolting Lily awake. Disorientated, she shook her head to cast away the sleep and wake her sluggish brain. Her eyes danced around the room trying to pin point the source of the agonising howl, then they fell upon the door. The sound was coming from outside. She quickly slipped out of her bed and got dressed. Someone must be hurt, she thought worriedly. Running in the snow, she pulled her jacket around her tighter, hell it was freezing. She saw someone in the snow, surrounded by a pool of blood, the sound of a train passing overhead confirmed her suspicion. The person must have fallen. Were they dead?
Lily moved cautiously towards our fallen hero. When she saw his America uniform, she gulped, he was a soldier. She was completely horrified by the sight of she spreading blood. Moving through it though, she needed to check for a pulse. Gently placing to fingers to his throat, she felt the gentle thud of a vein. He was alive. Somehow he had survived such a dangerous fall. From that moment, she could tell that he was going to change her life.
XOX
He was cold, so cold. Shivers ran up and down his arching spine as he tried to escape the bitter chill. Bucky gasped in pain, the cold had turned to heat, no fire. He was burning. The flames were slowly consuming his body. Setting his limbs alight. "No, nooo." he mumbled. Before he could stop himself, he was screaming, crying out for help. Literally reaching out for salvation, his hands grappling at thin air. Suddenly cool hands entwined with Bucky's, moving his arm to sit by his side. A deliciously refreshing towel was wiped across his brow. Delicately, a hand brushed his cheek, soothing his cries. Through blurred vision, he saw the hazy figure of a woman, the features were not clear enough for him to work out who it was. "Where...am..."
"Sssssh, you need to rest." she whispered.
His rolled into the back of his head and he fell unconscious.

XOX

There was not much time. Every second that passed, was another second he slipped further and further away from life and into the darkness. His heart had stopped beating and Cadence-Ann had to find a way to kick start it again. The soldier could not remain dead.
She needed to perform a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, chest compressions and rescue breath were the only method that would keep the blood and oxygen flowing around the body.
Placing her hands on the centre of the American's chest, she used the heel of her hand and began to press up and down at a steady beat, around two compressions per second. One...Two...Three, she counted in her head. Once she reached thirty compressions, she tilted Bucky's head, lifting his chin with two fingers. Pinching his nose, her lips clamped over his as she blew air into his lungs, willing for him to wake up. Each breathe had to last over one second, so after two, Cadence-Ann light-headedly repeated the thirty compressions.
"Come on, don't be dead. You can't die, I didn't move you all that way in the snow for you to die! You. Can't. Die. Wake up, please, just wake up. I don't care if you think being dead is nice, it's not. Living is so much more fun. I have so many questions to ask you, so many things I want to know and you can't answer them if you're dead!" Cadence-Ann pleaded. Once again, her lips met his, air left her body, trying to fill his with life.
Just as the woman was about to repeat the compressions for a third time, Bucky's eyelids began to flutter, his chest slowly but steadily rising and falling from breathing. He kept blinking, as if woken up from a deep sleep. A very deep sleep. Just from his actions, Cadence-Ann could tell he was lethargic and confused. Placing a gentle hand to a cheek, she smiled as his lazy gaze met hers. "Welcome back, soldier." her stomach flipped with joy at the sight of him moving his head to the side, leaning into her touch. "I need you to stay with me now. For a moment I thought I'd lost you, you gave me quite a fright."
Bucky could not say much, as his oxygen deprived brain tried to force itself back into present day and out of it's sluggish state but she was sure she heard him whisper. "Steve?"
Bucky was back.