Plane

A/N: I do own my plotline and OC.

Yesterday.

Valerian's POV.

Despite Sebastian's incident the day before, we still caught our plane to Ireland, since the wedding is in two days time. The flight itself was pleasant, I slept for most of it and listened to Amy Winehouse for the rest. The journey to my late Grandma's home took a few hours from the airport but Sebastian and I reached the home with no problems.

The reception is going to be held here too but Seb and I decided to stay in the old home for a few days, rather than in a hotel. I just want to be surrounded by the memories for my family. I know that Seb worries that it will all be too overwhelming for me but to be honest, I'm fine. I know on the day I'll probably be a wreck but right now, right here right now, I'm fine.

Everything is just as I remember it. The home itself is musty (even with restoration it has an vintage feel to it) and the air inside is thick with dust. It's decor consists of ancient and faded odenile green and saphire blue, brocade-esque wallpaper. The walls are lined from floor to ceiling with cobwebbed-covered mahogany bookcases, filled to the brim with leather bound books, containing the most thrilling adventures. I used to sit for hours as a child and read the books, whilst me siblings would run around playing Pirates and Spies.

I smile at the memory, lost in my own little bubble. I am so absorbed in my thoughts that I don't hear Sebastian walk into the room. I don't notice his presence until he wraps his bandaged arm around my waist and lean his head on my right shoulder. "What are you thinking so deeply about?" he asks in a deep voice, whispering in my ear.

"My childhood." I reply equally as quiet.

"Are you okay?"

I know that he is concerned but I want to ease his troubled mind. I turn to face him, his arm still around me. "I'm fine," I smile. "you're here."

He smiles and kisses my nose, causing me to giggle at his gesture. "I love, Vally."

"I love you too, Sebby."

XOX

Today.

Early evening has fallen across the fair land of the emerald island. The sky is no longer clear blue but now dusky pink with a smattering of navy, which has bled into the sunset like spilled ink.

"Valerian?"

It is the big day tomorrow for me. Tomorrow, I will no longer be a Cassanova but a Stan. Valerian Stan, it had a nice ring to it, wouldn't you agree, dear Reader?

"Valerian?" Sebastian asks again as he lies beside me on our bed. In a few hours, he will have to leave the room and wait until the following day to see me at the alter of the local church.

I look at him, completely unaware of what we have previously been conversing about. "Huh?"

He chuckles at my glazed eyes, knowing that I have been in a world of my own. "I said, how are you feeling?"

"Oh?" I frown, biting my lip. "I'm okay, I guess."

Sebastian rolls onto his back, staring at the ceiling. "What were you thinking about?"

I glance at the other source of noise in the room, the television screen, which is currently sporting the image of Loki being impaled. How much of the film have I missed? "I was thinking about tomorrow." I whisper, turning my head. "It's a nice night out."

Sebastian gazes at the window. "Beautiful." he smiles at me. "Though, not as beautiful as you."

I blush a violent shade of rose red. "Thank you." I mumble.