Valentine's DAY (Part 2)

A/N: I own my OC and plotline.

Dedicated to Dtf720

The result's from the voting were...

...DAY!

XOX

Valerian's POV.

My name is Valerian Casanova and this is the truth of how and why I disappeared.

That night I ran away from him, I knew that I couldn't leave, that dying wasn't an option. He wouldn't survive long without me being around. I am his life line and he was drowning with each day I came closer to my final breath.

So, I decided to find out if there was a way for me to stay alive. I had Dominic hide me away for a few days whilst I came up with a plan. Devon didn't know, I swear. It was just him. That was when I stumbled across Project DAY. They were an independant project that had devised away to remove all the dying cells from the body, allowing the test subject to live. Their methods were controverstial, as only 23% of the test subjects remained alive after the surgery. I knew that I was risking the bit of life I had by partaking in the experimentation but if there was a chance that I could live, then I was going to take it.

I contacted the clinic and signed myself up for the surgery.

XOX

Flashback.

Valerian rolled onto her side, shivering as the cold set into her bones, she curled into a ball, trying to to keep warm. Then magically, a thermal blanket appeared and was tenderly wrapped around her slight body. There was a scraping of a chair beside her bed in the medical bay. She rolled again, opening her eyes, Valerian smiled at the welcoming visitor who stared so worriedly at her. "Hello." she whispered happily, it had been so long since she had seen him.

Dominic smiled sadly back at her, tears beginning to swell in his eyes. "Hello." he quickly wiped them away, not wanting to alarm her. "How are you feeling?"

"Broken, my body feels broken, like I've been pulled apart."

"Oh," the actor chuckled meekly. "operations can do that to you."

XOX

Present.

Of course with anything as life changing this, changes are to be expected. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Physically, well, I don't think I need to say much more. Emotionally, I feel...freed. I no longer have to worry about what will happen to you in the future if I'm not there because I'm going to be there. Physically, I'm in permanent pain. Head to toe. Twenty four seven. It's like a I have a continuous case of the flu. I feel more exhausted because of the added pain. The doctors say that it is like Fibromyalgia. Google it because I really don't want to go into more detail.

You're probably wondering why I stayed away for so long?

I look at the floor where my long red wig lies. My shaved head, marred with scars (identical to the ones on my face and neck) has been revealed. My loss of beauty was the price I paid in order to keep my life and to remove the rogue cells from my body. A price I believe was worth paying. 

Staring at my husband now, I see a spectrum of emotions in his eyes. Shock, sadness, something I cannot identify. This was why I didn't want to return to him earlier, I could not bear for him to see me like this.

When I was first woken from the successful operation, I had been disgusted by my appearance. It was much worse than I had expected it to be. I knew that I could not return to my beloved until I was ready to accept my new identity.

That day I met him in the park, I was ready to return to him but he did not recognise me. I saw no hint of recognition in those tropical eyes of his. Those eyes that I would happily drown in. Again, I found myself retreating back to the apartment that Dominic was renting for me.

Today was a mistake. I wasn't ready for him to see me and yet miraculously, we found each other in the darkness of New York. He couldn't see me but he heard me. He knew who I was by the sound of my voice.

I explain all of this to him. I fear for how he will react. I love him so much. I did all of this for him. I want him to understand that. I fear that he will hate me for not being in contact sooner. I fear that he will not love me any more because of my appearance. I may sound cliched but it's true. 

I stand before him. I have nothing else to say, it's all up to him now. I can no longer hide from Sebastian, I can no longer hide from him. He knows my secret now. I watch him carefully, I wait for any hint of how he is taking the news. I find no emotion in his facial expression.

Suddenly, I find myself being pulled into his arms. My favourite place in the world. I breathe in his familiar scent. Oh, how I have missed him. 

"Don't. You. Ever. Do. That. Ever. Again." he growls in my ear.

Before I can respond, his lips crash against mine. I am dizzy with desire for him. I immediately respond to his embrace. Using all of my energy, I kiss him back as passionately as I can manage. My body is still recovering from the operation.

Sebastian pulls away momentarily, much to my annoyance. "You have no idea how much I have missed you, Valerian Stan."

I grin at my title. I am his wife. I always will be, 'til death do us part.' "Ditto, Mr Stan." I can bearly speak, I feel emotionally drained from telling him my secret.

"Come on," he continues to hold me in his arms. "I want to get you home. Where you belong. You've been gone for too long."

I couldn't agree more. Home sounds amazing.

A/N: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I am posting this slightly before Valentine's officially begins but I really wanted to get this chapter published.

Thank you all so much for the votes and views and comments! Pop Tarts and cookie for you all!

So there you have it. That was where Valerian disappeared to. A big enough plot twist?

HURRAH, VALERIAN IS GOING TO LIVE!!!

QOTD: What did you think?