Persistance

A/N: I do not own Starbucks or Marvel, just my OC and plotline.

Persistance is the key. Or at least that's what Doctor Miles says. I'm not entirely sure that I agree.

Prehaps yesterday, I should have just walked up to the door and not ventured inside because then today, I could have just walked into Starbucks and left. Babysteps, like Doctor Miles suggested. Unfortunately, I got so far as to actually sitting and having a cup of Tea yesterday, that today I have to actually sit there and finish whatever beverage I order. Why do I do this to myself? Honestly, the stress is probably going to kill me off before the anxiety does.

Okay, so I am inside Starbucks. Again. I look at the chalk boards, a Herbal Tea would be nice.

Whilst a bubble gum blue-haired teenager chewing gum makes my order, I look around the room trying to locate a place to sit. It's not busy today, I've missed the early morning rush hour but it's still busy enough for there not to be any spare seats. I search the room with my eyes. Maybe I'll have to change my order to take-away? Again. Then I spot a spare chair. It's tucked away in the corner. It's a two-seater table, one of the chairs is already occupied by a male. Brown hair, could be in his early thirties, I do notice his muscular shoulders beneath his leather jacket. It's the same male from the day before. Prehaps I can share with him?

"Valerian Cassanova!" the Barista calls my name. I collect my Tea and make my way over to the male and his table.

As I approach, I notice that he is reading a comic. Having spent two years at home, I spent a lot of time reading comics. I recognise the artwork immediately, he's reading something on his iPad, FanFiction?

I'm almost in asking distance now but then I see a male with blonde hair approach him and occupy the once empty seat. Now I have nowhere to sit. Reader, I cannot tell you how infuriated I feel.

I had to take my beverage back to the counter and ask for it to be transferred into a take-away cup. Honestly, this healing process is starting to really annoy me. Life was so much more simple when I was seeing Doctor Miles every week. I am absolutely cursing his name for making me think I could put my life back together.

It seems that tomorrow I will have to return to Starbucks. Will this phase never end? I cannot wait until next week when I can move on to my next goal.

There was one good thing about today, I didn't need to listen to Amy Winehouse.

A/N: Hello! I hope that you have enjoyed this chapter!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: HOW DO YOU THINK SEBASTIAN AND VALERIAN ARE GOING TO MEET?