Amsterdam

A/N: I own my OC and plotline.

'I wanted to take you somewhere you've always wanted to go. You once told me that Amsterdam was your dream place to visit. Well, guess where we're going...'

- Sebastian, whilst queuing for the check-in desk.

XOX

A/N: The song to listen to while reading is Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons.

Reader's POV

This was it, their Honeymoon had begun! Valerian could hardly contain her excitement as they landed in the beautiful city, Amsterdam. Sebastian was equally as excited. As the duo excited Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (the main airport of Amsterdam), they were pleasantly greeted by a chauffeur holding a piece of paper that read:

'Mr Sebastian and Mrs Valerian Stan, your carriage awaits.'

Their 'carriage' was an obsidian black limousine. Just the sight of it made Valerian want to squeal. It was all so wonderful! Sitting in the back seat with her husband, the ecstatic brunette gazed out of the window, not wanting to miss any of the sights. “I can't believe you hired us a limo!” she giggled, turning to look at Sebastian, who too was admiring the view. Well, admiring Valerian while she admired the view.

He just loved the way her eyes twinkled and her cheeks blushed when she was happy, or embarrassed, or shocked. Hell, he just loved her. “YOLO.” he grinned back, watching Valerian soak up the culture. Sebastian, you did not just say 'YOLO'!

Soon, the car pulled up to a beautiful, quaint hotel. The outside was made out of brown brick, with large windows that overlooked the street that they had parked in. Outside was a luscious green tree that had been planted for privacy but still made the building appear rustic. The heavy beechwood door that led into the little treasure trove of boutique style which was even more homely than Valerian could have possible imagined. It was gorgeous. The reception area was a mixture of deep reds, creams and mahogany furniture. Absolutely stunning.

The lovers were greeted by the owner of the hotel, a middle-aged lady with owl-like eyes and a warm personality. Her name was Vydel Morre, she had been running the establishment for twenty years with her husband Nikka. She greeted Valerian and Sebastian as if they were old friends. With a welcoming hug and a brief chat, she showed them to their room, The Honeymoon Suite.

As soon as Valerian walked in her eyes widened in amazement. The room was astonishing. The walls were painted in a deep mushroom brown. To the left of the room, a queen-size bed was placed up against the wall, furnished with cream sheets and darker blankets trimmed with even darker velvet. The curtains themselves demanded to be admired. Matching the blanket's trim, they too were velvet, held back by cream rope hangings. The floor was soft, bouncy cream carpet that padded the feet of the weary travellers quite nicely. On the other side of the room there was the door to the bathroom and the wardrobe (like downstairs, all the furniture was mahogany). In the middle of the room, the was a Mushroom brown sofa decorated with cream cushions and throws and two matching armchairs.

“Will this room be to your liking?” asked Lenka.

Valerian and Sebastian looked at each other, a smile upon their lips. “Yes,” the actor turned to the friendly host. “I think it'll do just nicely.”

XOX

With only a few days in the wonderful city, the duo didn't waste a minute. On their first night, they dined in a romantic little restaurant recommended by Nikka, which was situated in between a narrow alley a few streets away from where they were staying. Despite it's exterior, the restaurant itself was a thing of beauty. Low lights, the room illuminated by fairy lights that hung from the ceiling. The tables were nicely spaced out, allowing private conversations. The main colour choice was powder pink and gold, a little feminine but still romantic.

The food, well, the food was like nothing that either of the couple had ever eaten. It was all so, so wonderful. Even on medication, Sebastian found the food delicious.

Back at the hotel, Valerian and Sebastian were both starting to feel the jet lag kick in. Sleepily, the crawled into bed together and slept peacefully in the unbelievably comfy bed, it was almost like sleeping in a hug. "Merry Christmas, Love." he whispered to his wife.

"Merry Christmas, Hun."

XOX

The next day, after breakfast, Sebastian took Valerian to a few of the museums that were near their accommodations, after speaking to the hotel staff about places to visit. They took the trams and walked around Vondel park, enjoying a picnic of various interesting foods. Then they visited the famous Anne Frank House. Valerian thought that it had to be the best attraction in the whole city. The museum was well laid out and incredibly informative, telling the life of a family who had attempted the impossible. Extremely moving. She really got a sense of what it was like living in such cramped quarters and prayed that she would never have to experience such an ordeal in her life.

The final place they visited was PC Hoofstraat, one of the most expensive shopping streets in Amsterdam. Valerian could understand why, what with shops like Dolce and Gabbana and Hermes.

A/N: No offence to those stores/brands at all. :)

In the evening, they enjoyed a meal at the hotel, not feeling up to more tarvelling.

That night, Sebastian and Valerian crawled into bed, tired but extremely happy to be in such a cultured city. Valerian was sat beside her husband, reading The Fault In Our Stars. “Val?”

“Yes?” she continued to read.

"I know that it is Boxing Day, but I have something for you."

She looked up, confused by what Sebastian had said. There he was, standing before her in his pajamas, holding a beautifully wrapped gift. Valerian frowned. "Seb," she put her book down. "you didn't have to get me anything else. The presents you brought me are all at home, I'm happy to wait until we get back to open them."

He shrugged. "I know but I wanted to."

Valerian smiled at him as Sebastian moved to sit beside her. He placed the bok on her lap as she placed her book on the bedside table. Carefully, she unwrapped the gold and green wrapping paper. She gasped. "Seb...Seb, it's-it's beautiful."

Sebastian smirked. "I knew that you'd like it."

She turned her head and kissed him tenderly on the lips. "But I haven't gotten you anything, all your presents are at home."

He chuckled. "Val, I don't need gifts. I've got you here and nothing can compare to that."

She sighed and wrapped her arms around him, pulling Sebastian into a hug. "Thank you." she whispered. "You're so good."

XOX

Valerian couldn't believe that they were leaving Amsterdam today, the trip had gone so quickly. They could only stay a few days because Valerian had to get back for her appointment with Doctor Miles. She didn't care, she was married to one of the most amazing human beings on the planet.

When it came to paying for the hotel room, the lovely couple held up their hands, refusing payment. “It's already been taken care of.” Vydel smiled.

Sebastian and Valerian looked at one another in absolute bewilderment. “How?” the handsome male asked.

“We're giving the stay to you for free as a wedding gift.”

XOX

In the Limousine, sitting in the back seat with her husband, the content brunette gazed out of the window, not wanting to miss any of the sights. "You really did think of everything.” she whispered to Sebastian, knowing that he was watching her watch the sights.

“I did try.” Sebastian chuckled. “I really did."

XOX

A/N: So, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. If anyone has any questions about the current storyline, where I got my inspiration from or any questions about the book in general, feel free to comment in the comment area and I will be happy to answer your enquiries for you. :)