32. Calmer Seas

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter thirty-two, calmer seas

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖PENNY CLEARWATER ➖june 1993

PENNY CLEARWATER
june 1993

DRIA'S JAW KEPT clenching and unclenching as she focused intently on the sight before her. Her foot was tapping incessantly upon the Hospital Wing's stone floor and a low huff from her left told her it was clearly getting on Savannah's nerves. The blonde took in a deep breath and shuffled on her feet to change how she was stood in the hope it would prevent it from further occurring.

About a week had passed since Michael's reappearance and subsequently the Lockaby children's parents had left the school with the promise of seeing them when the term ended a couple of weeks from then.

Allan Lockaby had left with a very confused Professor Lockhart in his care who made an excessive effort to bid everyone in the Hospital Wing goodbye before leaving with his good friend, Allan in the hope of getting his memories restored one way or another.

        Michael had stayed in the hospital wing for a few nights following his ordeal which soon came to light when Dumbledore paid the family the visit he'd promised.

        The Headmaster had informed them that the diary — which Michael had obtained at some point throughout the year — had contained a very dark magic as it was an artefact from the school days of You-Know-Who — or as he had been known then; Tom Riddle.

         Dria noted how her brother had paled upon the mention of the name and, as Dumbledore continued to explain, it became clear as to why.

        The dark magical influence of this Riddle had bewitched Michael and forced him to commit all the evil deeds that had occurred throughout the school year — the writings on the wall, the petrifications and opening the chamber itself. It appeared Riddle was the Heir of Slytherin and had been using Michael like a puppet all year to fulfil his legacy.