01. Summer of '91.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter one , summer of '91

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ DIAGON ALLEY ➖august 1991

DIAGON ALLEY
august 1991

      "OH, FUCK!"

       The words that echoed around her small bedroom immediately caught Dria's attention, as her head whipped around to face the doorway, from where she sat at her desk.

       Upon looking, she did all that she could to not groan at the sight. A man easily in his early thirties stood in the threshold, his hand still lingering on the doorknobs and his face flushed red, bearing an expression of extreme embarrassment. Dria also couldn't help but notice what little clothing he wore, as the only item in sight was a red and yellow kimono wrapped around him - that was blatantly too small, and she recognised to belong to her mother.

       "May I help you?" Dria asked with an arched brow, as she leaned back in chair with arms folded.

       "This is not the bathroom." The man in the doorway stated, amidst a chuckle in attempt to diffuse the awkwardness between them.

       "No, it's not."

       It appeared Dria wasn't in the mood to make this encounter more tolerable for the man into doorway, as she watched him squirm nervously under her the gaze of her narrowed sea blue eyes.

       "Very sorry, I'll just-"

       "First door on your left."

       And with a faint shout of "Thanks!" in return, the door to her room shut once and in a flash of his kimono, the man scurried away into the bathroom.

       With a roll of her eyes, Dria turned back to her desk and picked up her quill, beginning to scribble furiously once more on her roll of parchment about the impact of the Goblin Rebellions.