19. Magic, Duh?

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter nineteen , magic, duh?

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ JACKIE O'HARE ➖october 1992

JACKIE O'HARE
october 1992

DRIA'S LEGS ACHED as she willed them keep climbing the stairs up to the Common Room, blowing her hair out of her face in exasperation. She let out a long sigh when she reached the landing before the Portrait Hole, catching the attention of the Fat Lady who merely quirked a brow at the Gryffindor.

"Back so soon, Miss Lockaby?" She chirped, as she shuffled in her frame to address the blonde who was still breathing heavily, and taking a hand through her hair.

The Fat Lady had good reasoning for asking such a question as Dria had only left the Common Room only some fifteen minutes earlier — and she had left in much lighter spirits than the ones she was in when she returned.

"Change of plans." Dria spared the Fat Lady a forced smile, before trilling her lips and standing up straight and uttering the password. "Wattlebird."

"In you go, then."

With an obedient nod, the Fat Lady gestured behind her and Dria was met with the sound of her portrait creaking open and swinging forward to reveal the inviting Common Room.

Muttering a slight thank you, Dria trudged into the room before her with her sights set on the fireplace — or, more specifically, the deep burgundy sofa that sat before it, upon which she had every intention of throwing herself, in the least elegant manner in order to rest her aching limbs.

"Oi!"

However, the exhausted girl did not take into account that the sofa may have already been occupied by someone else — as well as a cat, judging by the unimpressed yowl that accompanied the human exclamation.