06. Quidditch Schmidditch.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter six , quidditch schmidditch

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ GRYFFINDOR vs SLYTHERIN ➖november 1991

GRYFFINDOR vs SLYTHERIN
november 1991

       BY THE NEXT AFTERNOON, all news of the troll's visit to the dungeons had been completely swept under the carpet — although, no one was a hundred percent sure how it actually got in — and now, the impending Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was all anyone could talk about.

       Dria, Tess and Penny sat together at the Gryffindor table as they indulged in a late lunch with the rest of the school, before they would be ushered down to the stadium for the match.

       The three couldn't help but laugh at the various efforts some students had gone to in order to exhibit their house pride. A girl in fourth year had apparently gone to extreme efforts to dye her hair red and gold for the match but it had turned into the most unpleasant shade of neon orange in the process, and there was apparently a student charging a galleon to paint red and gold stripes on people's faces.

       The three girls had settled for less obnoxious examples of support and while the Gryffindors wore their house jumpers proudly, the Ravenclaw had elected to paint her nails in red and gold.

       They exchanged idle conversation between mouthfuls of sandwiches until their peaceful chatter was interrupted by the tornado of Irish chaos that was Jackie O'Hare.

       "Dria." The girl stated as she plonked down onto the bench, next to Tess, barely giving her friends enough time to soak in the fact she too was wearing a Gryffindor jumper.

       "Jackie." Dria responded, adopting the same serious manner that the Hufflepuff had, as she looked at her straight on.

       "Where the hell did you get that jumper?"