40. Cinnamon In His Coffee

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter forty ,  cinnamon in his coffee

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖JACKIE O'HARE ➖september 1993

JACKIE O'HARE
september 1993

"IS IT SUPPOSED TO look so greasy?"

"It's a sheen!"

Vix's nose was upturned as she peered upon the swirling liquid in the cauldron before her, ignoring Alita's explanation before turning back to her and Dria with a disgusted look on her face.

        "I don't care what it is, it looks like chip shop fat."

Dria could only stifle a chuckle as the Heron girl threw herself back on her stool. The blonde craned her neck a little to check the potion that Alita was hesitantly stirring on her left, before bringing her gaze back to the potions textbook in her hands.

"Once the potion has developed its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen." Dria recited, looking between their potion and the illustration in the textbook, as Alita ducked down beneath their work bench. "Leave it to rest until the steam begins to spiral."

"And then it's done?" Vix asked, her attention suddenly darting to the blonde. "Well, I might just pass my Potions NEWT after all."

        Dria stifled a light chuckle as her gaze drifted down to the floor when Alita had since crouched down and was fumbling around in her bag.

        "You alright under there?"

"Yeah, yeah." Alita reassured the blonde as she shifted into a sitting position and began wrestling her feet out of her school shoes. "Just changing my shoes and praying the lesson ends early."