26. For The Love of St Valentine

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter twenty-six , for the love of st valentine

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖TESS ROBBINS➖february 1993

TESS ROBBINS
february 1993

        "VALENTINE'S DAY can kiss my arse!"

A great thud followed the statement that left Dria's lips as she, unceremoniously, threw herself into the seat beside Penny at the Ravenclaw table.

Swiping the heart shaped confetti from the table with a grimace, the blonde folded her arms upon the table's surface and buried her head in them with a tired groan.

        Valentine's Day had taken Hogwarts by storm that year in 1993, all thanks to the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher — it was safe to say, Dria was less than impressed.

The entire castle had been more or less completely covered in fabrics of bright fuchsia and the corridors were flooded with the sound of harps being elegantly plucked. In the Great Hall, the tables had been lined with insipid rose tablecloths and the entirety of the food was coloured pink — not to mention, from the ceiling, fell heart-shaped confetti of pink and red that kept landing in Jackie's pumpkin juice, much to her annoyance.

The only highlight of that day had been the Apparition lesson that the sixth years had that morning in Hogsmeade, in which Tess left a eyebrow behind when Disapparating from the Post Office. It was fairly traumatic for the Robbins girl, but Dria had a mental image of the events that she was sure would last a lifetime.

But even the memory of that incident wasn't enough to put a smile upon the blonde's tired face as she continued to groan into the table surface.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Jackie asked, her eyebrows raising, as she fished out the pieces of confetti from her drink.

"This holiday."