11. A Walking Textbook.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter eleven , a walking textbook

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ TESS ROBBINS ➖may 1992

TESS ROBBINS
may 1992

AS APRIL NEARED ITS end, the warmth of the sunshine only got stronger and eased the students of Hogwarts into the month of May and the start of their summer term. In addition, much to the dismay of the fifth-years, it marked the start of their exam season as well as the term in which they attended scheduled careers advice appointments with their heads of house.

       "Miss Lockaby, please have a seat."

Professor McGonagall spared the Lockaby girl a polite nod as she edged through the doorway, her hands stuffed in robe pockets with a small smile in response.

"Professor McGonagall."

       Dria let out a small sigh as she plastered a smile on her face, and took the seat opposite the Professor, who was shuffling through various pieces of parchment.

       "So, Miss Lockaby," The head of house looked up through her rectangular spectacles at the blonde opposite her. "Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?"

       "I'd like to be a Healer, ideally." Dria answered, almost immediately after the question was asked much to the surprise of her head of house.

       "An admirable ambition." The professor commended, with a smile, pleased to finally meet with student with some sense of ambition, as she jotted a few notes down upon the parchment.

       "Thank you, Professor."

       "I take it you've been inspired by your father's career choice?" The Professor inquired with a slight arch of her eyebrow to which the blonde responded with a small smile and a nod.