15. Magical Me.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter fifteen , magical me

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ GILDEROY LOCKHART ➖august 1992

GILDEROY LOCKHART
august 1992

       "TRAVELS WITH TROLLS? Wandering with Werewolves?" Dria read out incredulously, her nostrils flared in contempt, "Three quarters of this reading list is his entire collected works."

       Another week had passed, and Dria was now back on home turf, walking along the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley with Jackie, strolling next to her as she grinned at the blonde's clear disgust at the reading list in her hands — which listed the collected works of celebrated author, Gilderoy Lockhart.

       "I'm not complaining." Jackie smirked, much to Dria chagrin, as she elbowed her friend in the side in response. 

       "You'll learn nothing from staring at his face, Jackie." Dria told her, her eyebrows furrowing and her jaw set, as they weaved through the other pedestrians walking along the street.

       "I disagree."

       "You would."

       The two girls walked behind Michael and Maisie, who were chatting between themselves with bored expressions on their faces as they trailed behind their mother who was jovially leading the group down the street in the direction of Flourish and Blotts.

"Hurry up, girls." Julia called, tucking her long dark hair behind her ear as she looked back at her kids. "We don't want to miss him!"

"Well, you certainly don't." Michael mumbled to Maisie, earning the slightest of chuckles from his older sister behind him.

Unbeknownst to the Lockaby children until they had arrived at that mother's that summer, Julia Appleton had broken up with her latest boyfriend, Shaun — or rather, he had broken up with her for a girl, that happened to be twenty-something years younger than her, but according to their mother that was beside the point!