07. Burnt Turkey.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter seven , burnt turkey

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ MULBERRY COTTAGE ➖december 1991

MULBERRY COTTAGE
december 1991

       "CAN YOU SMELL SMOKE?"

       Michael's question alerted his two sisters from where they sat within the small dining room of their dad's cottage, as they awaited their Christmas dinner — which according to their dad would be worth the wait, even though that wait had now been a good thirty minutes.

       The rest of term had flown by, following Gryffindor's win of the Quidditch match against Slytherin. The next match in the season had been two weeks later between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, in which the former triumphed, leading to a weeklong hostile silence between Penny and Jackie.

      Dria had also taken Hermione Granger on as one of the students that she tutored, and she had quickly learned that her siblings hadn't been joking when they'd said she was the smartest witch in their year — in fact, Dria was certain that the girl was brighter than a good deal of students in OWL year. She was a Muggleborn and had an unrivalled thirst for knowledge when it came to learning about the Wizarding World, something that Dria was happy to accommodate.

       As for Wood, little progress had been made. While Dria's understanding of Quidditch had, of course, been aided after spectating one, she still felt cautious of the subject and had waited to hear what Penny had to report from her prefect duties with Percy Weasley.

       However, it had seemed that their alternative plan had also achieved very little as Penny had told the blonde that Percy wasn't particularly cooperative when the question was asked and was more interested in why the Ravenclaw wanted to know, than actually answering her question. At this news, Dria called him a name which earned her a smack around the head from Penny.