45. For She's A Jolly Good Fellow

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter forty-five ,  for she's a jolly good fellow

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ TESS ROBBINS ➖december 1993

TESS ROBBINS
december 1993

         DRIA ALMOST ASSUMED THAT when her bad mood went away the stormy weather go with it, however Penny had been all too quick to remind her that she wasn't that good a witch and would have to suffer through the rest of the miserable November weather with the rest of them.

The lifted mood that Dria was experiencing as the days crept closer and closer to December — which may or may not have had something to do with the reappearance of a certain Gryffindor Keeper in her life — was especially not shared by Jackie O'Hare.

Despite being on a high following Hufflpuff's technical defeat of Gryffindor, due to the last minute arrangement of the game, it meant that the team had less than a week to prepare for their next game against Ravenclaw.

The weather had not yet improved and they had a beater still recovering from a rotator cuff previously sustained in their last match. Their loss was extremely predictable but that didn't make anyone feel any better, especially when the results gave Gryffindor another chance at the Quidditch Cup. A fact which was brought to light at dinner by Oliver Wood that same evening, at which Jackie threw a spoonful of mash at him and promptly declared;

"If you don't wipe that smug look of your face, I will stab you with this fork."

Needless to say, pieces of potato in his eye did the trick to shut him up.

With that certain Gryffindor Keeper in mind, as the days of November progressed into early December, the relationship between Dria and Oliver had healed from their fall out but had yet to progress beyond polite smiles in corridors and small blushes over the dinner table.