29. Just Breathe

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter twenty-nine , just breathe

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖TESS ROBBINS ➖may 1993

TESS ROBBINS
may 1993

THE TIME THAT PASSED while the three girls were in the Hospital Wing at Penny's bedside elapsed in a blur. Despite the feeling of shock having gradually faded from Dria's system, she couldn't fight the numbness that was clawing its way into her mind to replace it.

She could just about make out the blurring colours of pink and orange that shone through the window of the hospital wing, and craned her neck ever so slightly - it had become rather stiff, having been leant on Tess' shoulder for the best part of three hours.

Her hand still held that of Penny, which had not shifted in the slightest, and the blonde was dreading the moment where she'd have to let go.

Jackie too still onto the Ravenclaw's other hand and, although she had always resided on the floor, she had slumped and her head now rested upon the mattress as her shoulders rose every now and then signifying small breaths leaving her lips.

Tess had dozed off very briefly, her emotional exhaustion turning into that of physical and causing her eyes to droop, lulling her into a light slumber. She would let out a light whisper of a snore every now and then, which brought a slight smile to Dria's lips - it seemed the tonic she'd been sneakily pouring into the girl's pumpkin juice since Easter was beginning to pay off.

The Robbins girl only stirred when the sound of a throat being cleared entered their, otherwise silent, midst and Dria encouraged her to wake by shrugging her weight of the side of her body slowly, allowing her friend to return to the conscious world so she could turn around and see Professor McGonagall stood at the end of the bed.

Neither of them said anything but they really didn't have to. Dria knew it was well past visiting hours in the hospital wing and as much as she hated the thought of it, she knew that the three of them would have to leave.