08. A Twist of Tutoring.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter eight , a twist of tutoring

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ DRIA LOCKABY ➖january 1992

DRIA LOCKABY
january 1992

"SO, PENNY, TELL ME did you like your Christmas present?"

Christmas and New Year had passed in a wintery blur, and before any of the Lockaby siblings knew it, they had left Mulberry Cottage and were back starting a new term at Hogwarts.

       The lessons for the first day back had finished at three o'clock and, having just left their History of Magic lesson — which Tess had spent most of dozing on Dria's shoulder — the four girls were queuing on one of the moving staircase, on their way to the library.

       "Well, my family weren't especially impressed by the amount of live Chocolate Frogs jumping about my house." Penny replied to Jackie's question from where they stood beside one another on the staircase. "But, yes, I appreciate the thought."

       "I thought it could be a great social experiment." The Hufflepuff defended, while Dria tried to make her laughter as she imagined the panic Penny's Muggle family must have endured.

       "It was certainly something." Penny agreed with a light chuckle at the chuffed expression on Jackie's face, before turning over her shoulder slightly to address the blonde behind her. "How was your Christmas, Dria?"

       "Very good." Dria replied with a content smile, much to the confusion of the dark haired Gryffindor at her side.

       "I don't get it." Tess said with furrowed brows, as she surveyed Dria's content expression. "Weren't you at your mum's?"

       "She went to Cancun with her Muggle, so we stayed with Dad." Dria clarified quickly as the staircase halted in position and allowed them to proceed to the next one on their descent.