44. Knight In Soggy Nylon

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter forty-four , knight in soggy nylon

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖DRIA LOCKABY ➖november 1993

DRIA LOCKABY
november 1993

       JACKIE HAD BEEN right in her assessment that sleeping in the Great Hall would be a comfortable experience for no one. However, Dria had to give it to her, she definitely found a way of making it interesting.

       Soon after the Hufflepuff had been made aware of the situation regarding her hair wrap, she had devised — what she had called — an elaborate plan to rectify the situation.

       Dria wasn't sure what was so elaborate about finding an excuse to go to the toilets to rinse it out but she would never rain on her parade.

      They'd managed to summon over Penny just as the lights went out and, with a disgruntled sigh, she'd agreed to escort the three of them to the first floor toilets.

         "I hope they didn't see me sneak you out." The Ravenclaw whispered as the four of them snuck their way along the first floor corridor. "If we get caught and our excuse is Jackie's hair care, I'm so getting demoted."

       "It's an emergency!"

       "Jackie's about fifteen minutes away from turning into a plum."

       "Why am I friends with you, again?"

       Nonetheless, they found the bathroom completely empty, and after ten minutes or so of rinsing the purple dye out of the ends of her hair, which were now stained a brilliant indigo, they made their way back towards the Hall.