43. To Hell With Men

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter forty-three , to hell with men

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖JACKIE O'HARE ➖november 1993

JACKIE O'HARE
november 1993

"ARE YOU PLANNING ON going to practice at any point?"

The question had been aimed at Jackie who was stretched across the sofa, playing with the - now faintly purple - ends of her hair.

"I don't need to practise, I'm naturally gifted." She shrugged with a small smirk at which Penny - who had raised the question - merely tutted.

Dria cracked a very small smile at Jackie's words. Her head was firmly planted in Tess' lap, her shoes in a pile in front of the other sofa upon which she lay, as she curled up beside her friend.

If she had to guess, she would say that maybe an hour had passed since she'd stormed into the common room in her Oliver-Wood-fuelled rage, and she had been the only one to enter since.

"Haven't you guys got a new Seeker?" Tess mused, as she absentmindedly braided a section of Dria's hair.

"Cedric Diggory, isn't it?" The blonde chuckled, her voice cracking having not spoken in a good while. "Maisie's obsessed with him."

"Can't blame her really, can you?" Jackie responded at the mention of the new Hufflepuff Seeker, in the year below them.

"No, you cannot." Dria agreed, her chuckle still shaking through her as her friends responded with similar laughs.

However, whatever light hearted atmosphere they'd managed to create for themselves very quickly disappeared at the sound of the gut wrenching scream.

Dria shot up from her position on Tess' lap, her blue eyes narrowing in the direction of the Portrait Hole from where the sound had derived, as it was followed by growling noise and the sound of something paper-like being slashed.