21. Trials of Psycho Bludgers.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter twenty-one , trials of
psycho bludgers

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ OLIVER WOOD ➖november 1992

OLIVER WOOD
november 1992

     "WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME where in the fuck the marmalade is?"

        Dria's eyebrows were furrowed in frustration, her blue eyes hardening as they swept over the spread of assortments upon the tabletop in front of her.

       Her question alerted the three girls that sat by her, each of them setting down various distractions in order to cast their own glances upon the spread.

        "I think they've run out." Jackie shrugged, from opposite the blonde with the Daily Prophet still in her hands, as she pushed a jar of apricot jam towards Dria as an alternative.  

        "Seriously?" Dria whined, batting away the jar hastily, as she slumped in her seat with her head resting in her hands. "This place is a school of magic! How is it possible to run out of marmalade?"

Dria's gaze shot to the piece of plain toast, she'd placed on her plate seconds previously, forlornly, while her three friends continued to survey her with bewildered expressions as they tucked in to their own breakfasts.

"You're very touchy about this marmalade." Penny remarked, as she stirred a spoonful of sugar into her tea, tilting her head a little in confusion at the blonde.

         "What? Can't a girl just want some marmalade?" Dria shrugged, casting an absent-minded glance down the length of the Gryffindor table in the direction of a certain Keeper, who was picking at the toast on his plate, glumly.

        In fact, the glance may have not been so absent-minded as the blonde had spared the boy at least ten glances since breakfast had started. Each time she looked, her jaw would clench in concern before her gaze rapidly shot back to her friends, who had just about clocked on to what had caused Dria's shift in mood.