30. In The Chamber Forever

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter thirty, in the chamber forever

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖MAISIE LOCKABY ➖june 1993

MAISIE LOCKABY
june 1993

BEING COOPED UP in the Common Room really wasn't to Dria's liking. But upon the instance of the school's new safety protocol, she found that she — along the rest of the school — had no choice. If students weren't in lessons, they were expected to be in their Common Rooms and if they wished to pursue extra curricular activities, they would have to take it up with their Head of House who would decide. But as far as it stood, everything had been cancelled; from Quidditch practice to Gobstone club.

       And therefore, how lucky Dria was to have found loophole — well, calling it a loophole might have been a stretch. Especially considering what led to it was Dria incessantly begging Professor McGonagall to continue her volunteering to the point where the Professor had no will left oppose.

The blonde knew that with the state of her mind being what it was, she was better having a distraction and she found that volunteering in the Hospital Wing — no matter the job — seemed to put her at ease.

        This routine that the whole school had been forced into hadn't really been going on that long, it had seen them out of May and now into early June — a week and a half at most. In that time span, attacks on Muggleborns had ceased once more but Dria was still left feeling uneasy.

        However, that feeling of uneasiness was not matched by the school board of governors. According to Tess, they seemed very thrilled with themselves as they thought this lack of attacks was due to the fact that they had removed the party responsible for opening the chamber; Hagrid, the groundskeeper.

         Dria nearly spat out her tea when Tess first told her that the school governors had grown concerned over the state of the school and had involved so the Ministry so as to arrest Hagrid as the culprit. The blonde shook her head on objection upon hearing it — if Hagrid was the Heir of Slytherin, then Figaro was You-Know-Who in disguise.