41. What Goes Around

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act iii , turning tables
chapter forty-one ,  what goes around

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖NATE SQUIRE ➖october 1993

NATE SQUIRE
october 1993

"DO I LOOK SLUTTY ENOUGH?"

Tess turned to face Dria — who was sprawled across her bed — with her hands on her hips, as she waited for the blonde to give her opinion on the tight black dress that clung to the Robbins girl's body.

Dria squeezed her eyes shut momentarily as she forced herself to re-enter the present.

The blonde had caught herself zoning out many a time in their first term back at Hogwarts, and was doing every thing in her power to shake the habit before they got around to their examinations.

September had been and gone in the blink of a eye — or at least Dria thought so. The summer was long behind them, as the leaves on the trees transitioned from green into the bright array of red and orange and scattered themselves across the vast grounds as late October began looming.

        Following on from the night of the Quidditch tryouts, Alita Byrnes had in fact made it onto the Gryffindor team in place of Katie Bell which was met by huge celebration — Tess had made a point of telling Dria just how happy Percy Weasley in particular had looked upon hearing the announcement.

        It seemed Dria's in with the team's Captain had benefited the Byrnes girl.

       However, in the month that had elapsed, the blonde had been doing everything in her power to pretend that in didn't exist. Being around him brought on such a frenzy of confusion and guilt that she had decided that best course of action would be to not-so-accidentally avoid him.