09. Part of the Game.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act i , a lovelorn lockaby
chapter nine , part of the game

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ JACKIE O'HARE ➖march 1992

JACKIE O'HARE
march 1992

     DRIA LET OUT A laboured breath as she willed her legs to keep moving in a steady jog after the retreating figure that ran head of her.

       "I hate Gryffindors!"

       Despite being a good few metres behind Jackie, Dria could still hear her friend's irritated groans as clear as day.

      "Jackie, I'm a Gryffindor!"

      "Well, you're all bastards!"

      With a roll of her eyes, Dria let out a sigh of relief as her friend stopped in her tracks a few metres ahead of her, allowing for the blonde to catch up.

       "I don't see why we couldn't just have this conversation sat down!" Dria exclaimed in between large exhales, as she leant against a nearby tree for support.

       "I'm pissed off, Dria!" The Irish girl retorted, reaching behind her idea to readjust her ponytail. "And when I'm pissed off, I run!"

       "That's great, but I don't want to run after you!" Dria whined in response, letting her head fall back against the tree trunk while her friend merely sulked in response, before resuming her jog.

       "Tough."

       "Jackie!"

       The ground under their feet as they ran had softened considerably due to the transition of the cold winter into a dewy spring, as the first weekend March passed them by, along with the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Quidditch match. The match in which Hufflepuff had lost, hence Jackie's delightful mood.