22. Merlin Help Us All.

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

booksmarts and broomsticks
act ii , take a breath
chapter twenty-two , merlin help us all

‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧

➖ TESS ROBBINS ➖november 1992

TESS ROBBINS
november 1992

        DRIA WAS IN HER element in the hours she spent in the Hospital Wing, following the morning's Quidditch match. It was long past six o'clock when she finally left for the Common Room with Savannah, leaving behind a very grateful Madam Pomfrey and over a dozen completed medical charts piled high on the administration desk.

        The atmosphere that they were met with in their Common Room upon their return, only added to the elation the blonde felt. In seconds she brushed off the slight fatigue that hung upon her and bid goodbye to Savannah, grabbed herself a cup of Butterbeer and moved over to her friends, who were huddled in a corner laughing with Amir and Hettie.

         The festivities lasted well into the night, and eventually had to be put to rest by Professor McGonagall who watched the students begrudgingly wander up to bed with dizzy smiles on their lips with light giggles leaving them as they went. Tess had told Dria - whose arm was sling over her shoulder cosily, as they walked up to their dorm - that she thought she had seen the Transfiguration looking quite amused by their teenage antics. Dria thought on it and decided her friend was probably not wrong, after all it was no secret that Professor McGonagall loved to Gryffindor victories in their Quidditch exploits just as much - if not more - than the celebrating Gryffindors.

        Even after the festivities in the Common Room has ceased, Dria found herself participating in a lengthy chat with the other three girls in her dormitory, as they spoke into the darkness of their room from where they lay, snuggled up in their respective beds.

        That night, Dria went to bed with a hopeful smile on her lips, with her heart full and mind replaying the entertaining events of day. Dria went to bed happy, and lulled off rather quickly with a ghost of grimace residing on her lips as the sound of Tess' snoring filled her ears. Although, while she grimaced, she couldn't find it within herself to actually mean it and the slightest twist of humour wriggled its way onto her lips, as she pulled a pillow over her head and fell into a dreamless sleep.