Taking care of you | B. Koutarou

As you turned your alarm off and rolled onto the other side of your bed, feeling cold yet hot at the same time. A itchy feeling in the back of your throat, not leaving you no matter how many times you cleared it. Sighing in defeat, you should've known that you were getting sick when you had a restless night. Tossing and turning for hours, trouble breathing, constantly having to drink water for your itchy throat.

You groaned and texted your mom, saying that you were staying home because you didn't feel good. Though she wouldn't see the text until she got up for work.

You stayed curled up in your bed, watching the sun rise and hearing the birds chirping, scrunching your face at the sound, it definitely wasn't helping the throbbing headache from the lack of sleep.

You wanted to get up and get medicine to soothe yourself, but you couldn't bring yourself to get up. Muscles aching with every move, instead you stayed still, shivering and pulling the blankets closer to you. Then feeling too hot and shoving them off of yourself.

As if your prayers were being heard, your mother came in and checked up on you.

"You okay, sweetie?" She asks as she puts the back of her hand on your forehead.

You groan and flinch at the sudden touch.

"I'll be back, okay?" She says and leaves the room, wishing she'd stay with you and cuddle you like when you were a kid.

The door creaked open as she settled back beside you. You tried your best to sit up, only to weakly lift your head to take the medicine she handed you.

"I warmed up some soup on the stove, I have to go to work now, alright? Call me if you need anything" she kissed your forehead and closed the door silently behind her.

The pain killers kicked in, soothing your headache and aching muscles. Your phone buzzed constantly until you got fed up and left it on do not disturb, weakly getting out of bed, covering yourself in your biggest, fluffiest blanket and headed down the stairs.

Your dad was gone for a business trip so you were all alone, siblings long gone for school. You lost your appetite and just laid on the couch, curling into a ball and watching whatever show you were binge watching at the moment.

You completely forgot to text your boyfriend, Bokuto, that you wouldn't be at school. You hoped that he wasn't freaking out, you left your phone upstairs and were too lazy, and for once comfortable for what seemed like ages.

"Calm down, Bokuto-san. I'm sure she just slept in." Akaashi assured his friend

"But she would've texted me by now" He groaned and walked into his classroom, biding a goodbye to his setter. He slumped in his seat, missing your presence.

Throughout the whole day he moped and texted you nonstop, asking if you were okay and why you weren't here and answering him. His classmates were a bit happy that the ace was quite today and not his loud self, but at the same time they couldn't help but be concerned because he was being so quiet.

They put two and two together when former classmates of yours mentioned that you weren't present. Figuring that he was upset that you weren't here, and they were right.

Finally, you ended up texting him and telling him that you were sick and not feeling well. He immediately told you he'd see you after practice and gave you no option, but to agree.

Putting your phone down and blowing your nose for what seemed like the millionth time today. Bokuto texted you that his practice was over and he'd be on his way now, you told him that it was okay and he didn't need to, also you were scared to get him sick.

There was a knocking on your door, so you got up and answered it. There stood your boyfriend, smiling widely with a white bag in his hand. He took in your appearance, messy bun, bags under your eyes, slight pout, the sniffle you let out, and a blanket covering your whole body. Yet he still thinks you're the most beautiful girl ever.

"Don't come near me, I don't wanna get you sick." You say.

He shook his head, "But I haven't seen you all day."He groaned as he came inside. "I can't stand not being with you, today was torture." His hair that was standing up was now slightly down.

You sighed in defeat as he wrapped his arms around your body, immediately relaxing a bit at the warmth of him. He dragged you to the couch and the two of you binged watched tv and cuddled.

He really didn't care if he got sick, he wanted to be with you, and hold you in his muscular arms. He fed you soup and other heathy food that he had brought over.

"Thank you." You turned to him and snuggled your face into his chest. He smiled widely and kissed your forehead.

Let's just say the following week, he missed school and it was your turn to take care of him. You obviously scolded him and said, "I told you so." When he called you, but nonetheless you took care of him just as well as he took care of you.