It's okay | H. Korai

Warnings: Time-skip spoilers, mental breakdowns, crying, comfort,

College was tough, you knew that, some days were better than others.

Today was not a good day. Your professor accidentally lost the essay you wrote and now you had to do it all over again.

Two mental breakdowns later and you were halfway done with it, it was already getting late.

It couldn't have been that late since Hoshiumi wasn't home yet.

You texted him awhile ago when he'd be home, but he didn't answer. He must've been practicing later than usual with Kageyama and Ushijima.

You needed a break from this essay, even if it was just for a few minutes, your mind needed to reset.

Being slouched over a computer all day was not fun. Your back was hurting, eyes, arms and fingers were hurting as well.

A little break wouldn't do too much harm. You sat up straight and stretched.

Your back cracked multiple times and so did your knees as you stood up from the chair.

You went downstairs for a glass of water and a snack. You almost spit the water in your mouth as you saw the time.

It was close to hitting midnight and Hoshiumi wasn't home, normally he'd call by now and tell you where he's at.

After you set the glass down, the door opened and in came your boyfriend.

"Oh, hey baby! You're still up?" He says loudly.

You cringed at the level of his voice, a headache you didn't even know was there appeared.

"Woah, what's wrong?"

"Can you be a little more quiet? I have a headache." You rubbed your temples.

"Oh I'm sorry." He placed a hand on your back and his voice immediately lowered.

"Why didn't you text me that you'd be late?" You sigh and look at him.

"My phone died..."

There wasn't much you could say to that, blame him for not using his battery well?

"Why are you still up, missy." He poked you as he re-filled the glass on the counter, reaching for a painkiller in the cabinet.

Tears well up in your eyes once again, threatening to spill at any moment. Just having to recall your day made you emotional.

"Woah, hey, what's wrong?" He pushed the painkiller toward you.

Tears start to free fall and he looks at you worried. You rubbed your eyes in attempts to stop the tears from falling.

"Take this." He motions for the painkiller. "It'll make the headache go away, babe."

You swallowed the pill and the remainder of the water, all still while crying.

"Let's get you upstairs and then we can talk, okay?" He says and takes you out of the kitchen, his bag long forgotten on the kitchen floor.

He led you upstairs and you sat in front of your computer, hiccuping as you opened it up and began to type again.

"...Do you want to talk about it?" He asks confusingly as he sees you type away.

"My professor lost my essay and now I have to redo it." You cried. "And it's due by midnight."

Hoshiumi looked at the time when you mentioned it and you had 10 minutes before the deadline.

"Are you almost done with it?" He asks a bit worried. You shook your head which made his heart hurt a little.

"Hey, it's okay." He rubbed your back. "Where's your phone?" He asks.

You weakly point to the bed and sure enough it's there. He wanted to email your professor and tell him how unfair this situation was when he was the one who lost the paper.

He saw a notification in your school email already, as he opened the app he saw it was from that same professor.

He read the headline and it gave a brief description that he had found the paper, he read further along and saw that you didn't have to rewrite it anymore.

"Baby, look at this."

"Korai, I need to focus-"

He pushed the phone towards you, you read it briefly in the short seconds he put it there.

You immediately grabbed your phone and read the email about 50 times to make sure you weren't dreaming.

Once you put the phone down on the table, you ran your fingers through your hair.

"You don't need this anymore." He closed the laptop and pushed it to the side.

"I'm sorry." You say.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything." He says confused.

"I was just being grouchy to you." You looked him in the eyes, he saw how drained you looked.

"It's fine." He laughed. "I'd be grouchy if I had to redo an essay."

He motioned for you to come sit with him on the bed, pulling you into his lap instead. Making you feel comforted.

"I'm going to take a shower, don't wait up for me." He says and kisses your temple.

You got up from his lap and went to your side of the bed, getting ready to go to sleep.

He pecked your lips this time. "I love you."

"I love you, too." You murmur.

He goes off to take his shower. You closed your eyes in attempt to sleep, giving what your body and mind needs.

You quickly find it hard to sleep without him, even with how exhausted you are, you still laid awake.

You tossed and turned in bed, waiting for the satisfaction of getting sleepy, but it never came.

At this point you gave up and just waited for him to come back.

Your eyes were stinging from crying earlier and the much needed sleep you were craving.

The shower stops and you grow excited, once he comes back you'd be able to sleep until the afternoon.

Hoshiumi opens the door quietly, figuring you'd be asleep by now, only to see that the lamp is still on and you're fighting the need to sleep now.

"Babe, why'd you wait for me? I told you to sleep."

"I can't sleep without you here." You pout, hugging the blankets, wishing it was him.

He chuckled a little. "What're you gonna do when I have to leave for away games?"

You shrugged. "It hasn't happened yet so I don't know. Maybe I'll call you and we can fall asleep on the phone." You yawned.

He got settled into bed and turned the lamp off, you immediately found yourself by his side.

"Don't fight sleeping, now. Your body needs it." He whispers.

You hummed and closed your eyes. "I'll see you in the afternoon."

"I don't have practice tomorrow so I'll sleep in with you." He brings you over to his chest, having an arm around your waist.

"Perfect." You mumble in his chest.

"Goodnight, baby." He kisses your forehead.

"G'night, Korai." You immediately fell asleep after those words, he heard your soft snores and soon fell asleep himself.