So long | M. Issei

Warnings: Small joke of killing, cursing, mentions of nudity⚠️

"What're you doing?"

You jumped in your seat, too focused on the paper in front of you to notice the door opened and footsteps were clearing making their way towards you. "Jeez, don't do that." You sigh.

"You didn't answer me." Issei says, standing in front of your desk, taking the paper in front of you. "We were supposed to finish this?"

"Um yeah. It's due today, that's why I'm still here." You laugh at his cluelessness. "Why aren't you in practice?"

"It ended early because coach wanted us to get caught up on grades." He says.

"Maybe you should use that to your advantage." You grin, making him raise an eyebrow at you.

"Very funny." He deadpans, quickly breaking character and laughing along with you. "It's nice out today and you're in this stuffy classroom." He scrunched his face, turning his gaze from you to outside.

It was springtime and the weather was good today. Trees softly blowing with the wind, no unexpected rain forecasted for today, just the nice sun.

"I wanted to finish this." You motion to the paper, you got up from your seat and turned it in into the bin. "I'm done now. The teacher is gonna yell at you tomorrow."

"Oh please, I'm her favorite, she doesn't give a shit if I turn in the worksheets as long as I do good on tests." He brags, "Let's get out of here, yeah?"

"And go where exactly? We still have school tomorrow." You remind.

"There's the frozen yogurt shop nearby, have you had it?" He asks, pushing you towards the door to exit.

"No." You yawn. "Is it any good?"

"The best."

"You thought the sushi at the gas station was good." Your face turns into disgust. "I'm not sure I should trust you with eating options."

"Hey, to be fair, it was actually good."

"That's why you didn't show up to school the next day because you got food poisoning." Your lips turn into a straight line.

"So worth it." He chuckles. "Come on, it's nice out, let's go." He urges you once you exit the school, you take a moment to think about it. Waste your time at home and not taking advantage of the weather, or hang out with the guy you've liked for months now.

The answer was obvious. "Yeah sure, I guess I can hangout." You sigh.

"Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?"

"I didn't say it." You side eye him.

"I could tell by your voice."

"Is that it?" You point ahead to a little stand, ignoring his comments about your tone.

"Yup, looks good doesn't it?" His smile was ethereal, the sun kissed look was definitely doing him wonders right now. The wind softly pushing his slightly curled hair away from his face.

He payed for your treat, telling you that when you ask him to hangout next that you can pay, he already knows he's still going to pay for you, he doesn't want you spending a dime while you're with him. It's how he keeps you coming back to him.

"I want to show you something." He says leading the way, he's a little nervous because he hasn't showed anything this spot before. Not even Makki, his best friend.

You walked to the park, pretty typical in your mind, but it's the thought that counts. You noticed that you'd passed by the park benches, confused you turn you head towards him asking him where you two were going.

Now it was his time to admire you, the sun made you look like you were glowing, he's 100 percent sure that you are in this moment. The wind bringing visible chills down your neck and arms.

"Issei?" You snap him back to life. "Why didn't you answer my question?"

"Huh? What question." He asks innocently.

You playfully rolled your eyes. "I said, 'Where are we going? We passed the benches.'"

"Hm? Oh." He realizes what you said, he spaced off again in your eyes. "It's past here." He points ahead to the trail leading into the woods.

"That's the woods." You gave him while taking another bite of your treat. "Are you taking me there to kill me?"

He nearly spits out his frozen yogurt, choking a little in the process. "No," he laughs, "it looks sketchy, but I promise it's not very far from here."

You look at him suspiciously, then going back to eating, you fall into a small silence as the two of you enjoyed your cool treats.

The river now came to view and near it was a bench, it looked pretty old, like no one had sat there in awhile. You've never been to this part of the park despite the many times you've come here with friends.

"Woah, it's so peaceful here." You're in awe of the sound of running water and the bench in the shade, keeping you cool away from the sun.

"Yeah it is. I come here sometimes when I'm stressed." He answers truthfully.

"It's very calming." You agree, "How many people know of this spot?"

"Just two. You and I." He stares ahead, a pink tint forming on his cheeks, you're sure it's from the sudden wind blowing.

"You haven't brought Makki, Iwaizumi or Oikawa here?" You ask surprised. You're sure they all do everything together, hell, they've all seen each other practically naked at some point, you know this from the stories they've told.

He simply shook his head, "I come here for quietness, bringing them would be hectic." He chuckles.

"You're right." You agree, looking ahead since that's what he's doing. You closed your eyes and let out a breath through your nose, the calming water sounds relieved any stress you had been feeling earlier in the day.

Issei took this time to turn and face you, you're so pretty in his eyes, if only he had the guts to ask you out on a real date, instead of chalking it up to hanging out as friends.

Your hair is being blown back now, your entire face on view for him, only him. He's so glad he found this secluded spot away from everyone else who could potentially see the view he's looking at right now.

You opened your eyes and were met with Issei's blown out ones, his pupils dilated as he blatantly stared at you. You're surprised by this and immediately felt embarrassed, 'had he been looking at you this whole time?' You're sure your heart has never beat this fast in its life.

He holds your gaze, his eyes going from both your eyes down to your lips, he quickly looks back up at your flustered face, you're embarrassed. He smiles widely, knowing he's making your heart race right now by just looking at you. He loves this power he's just now aware of.

You're not sure how or when, but Issei slowly started to move into you, staring at your lips and then your eyes. He comes so close to your face that you can practically taste the flavor of strawberry just from how close your lips are.

He's silently asking for permission, stopping himself before he's on your lips. As soon as his pair meets yours, he swears he feels his brain go dumb. All he can think about is how soft your lips are, he brings a hand to your cheek, softly caressing you, you did the same, bringing him impossibly closer than he already is.

Your stomach is filled with butterflies and you feel them everywhere. This is addicting, this should be illegal from how breathless you are from just a simple, soft kiss.

You're the first one to pull back, growing out of breath to continue to keep your lips to his. You kept your face still close to his, he rests his forehead on yours, breathing heavily.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this."  His smile is compelling, yours forming as fast as his.