Late night drive | U. Wakatoshi

Warnings: None:)

You've been tossing and turning all night, you shut your eyes tightly in hopes that they'd magically let you fall asleep. After getting fed up completely you grabbed your phone and dialed your boyfriend.

A few rings passed, but then you heard his raspy voice come through. "Hello? Y/n, are you ok?" He asks.

"Hey, Toshi. I'm fine, I'm sorry, I don't know why I called. Did I wake you?" You asked with guilt beginning to eat you up for waking up your tired boyfriend.

"No, it's ok. I couldn't sleep anyways." He breathes. You felt relief wash over you.

"I can't sleep." You say through the phone. "I've been trying for hours, but I've just been tossing and turning."

He hummed through the phone. "I'm not sure why I can't sleep either. I did sleep for 2 hours, but now I'm wide awake."

You stayed silent for a moment thinking. "Y/N? You still there?" He called.

"Yeah I'm here." You answered. "Let's go for a drive."

"This late?"

"Yeah, we both can't sleep so..."

"Alright. I won't be getting you in trouble would I?" He asked, you heard rustling on his end so you figured he was getting up.

"No, it's ok. I promise, they won't even notice I'm gone." You assured and got up from your bed.

"Ok, I'll be there in about 5 minutes. I love you."

"I love you too, Toshi." You grinned and hung up the phone. Quickly you pulled on one of his gigantic hoodies, along with some sweatpants so you wouldn't get cold.

With that you put your wallet in your pocket and snuck out your window so your parents wouldn't hear the front door. Thank god you had a huge tree near you, you could easily get on one of its thick branches and get down.

You left your window slightly open so you'd be able to sneak back in. You saw Ushijima's car pulling up as you got down from the tree.

You made your way to the car and settled yourself in. "Hey" You smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"Hey, Y/N." He greeted back. "Where to?"

You hummed. "Let's just drive around for a bit and see where we end up." You suggest as light radio music played.

Thankfully it was the weekend so you didn't have to get up early for school, and Ushijima's practice got canceled due to a coaches meeting.

He reached over and held your hand and rested it against your thigh. He rubbed soothing circles on the back of your hand as a way of affection.

He drove around neighborhoods, parks, and other scenery in the night. Soon he began to drive to a nearby hill making you confused.

"Why are we here?" You asked.

"The sky's clear, so I thought we could stargaze." He smiled softly.

You nodded and unbuckled your seatbelts. He opened the trunk to get some blankets to lay on and cover the two of you up. It wasn't that cold, but it gave him another reason to cuddle with you.

The two of you held hands and went up the small hill, reaching the top he laid the first blanket down and patted the spot next to him so you'd sit.

He wrapped you two and laid down, admiring the stars that twinkled and shined. You pointed out the stars that made funny shapes or ones that looked like animals.

He, on the other hand, pointed out actual constellations, giving you a brief story about each one.

"Why do you know so much about constellations?" You asked.

"I'm going to be honest... I learned them for you, though I only looked up the ones I knew you'd find interesting." He says and heat rushed up his neck and onto his face. Be silently thanks the gods that it was dark enough so you wouldn't see it.

"Thank you, Toshi." You chuckled into his chest. "You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to." He says and pressed a chaste kiss on your forehead.

You two stayed there for a little longer, talking about volleyball, school, anything that came to mind. Just enjoying each other's presence.

"We should head back now, it's getting late."Ushijima says and begins to get up.

"It's been late." You reminded. He only chuckled and wrapped up the semi wet blanket from the wet grass. With that he parked in front of your house. "Come sleep with me?"

He contemplated whether or not it was a good idea, but eventually gave in because he knew he'd have trouble sleeping if he didn't have you by him. You climbed up your tree first and opened the window, he then went up as well and followed you inside the familiar house.

"Don't worry about my parents, they have to leave for work early." You assured him so he wouldn't get caught and your parents potentially upset.

He nodded and yawned while laying down on the bed. He wrapped his arms securely around you, keeping you safe. With the mumbles of 'goodnights' and 'I love you's' the two of you fell asleep instantly.