Secret admirer | K. Tetsurou

Warnings: Cliffhanger, cursing⚠️

"I still don't understand why you don't just tell her how you feel." Kenma sighs as he is forced to look up from his games and look out the classroom door.

"What if she doesn't feel the same? Then our friendship would be ruined." Kuroo explains to him for the millionth time. "You see her?"

"Nope." Kenma answers. "You're cutting it close this time, she's usually here by now."

"I know, I know." Kuroo huffs. "Cold cookies are no fun, but I think I took too long warming them up."

"What will you give her tomorrow?" Kenma says as he stares at Kuroo who's tying the ribbon on your box of cookies.

"Not sure yet..." He trails off, looking behind him and and seeing Kenma staring back at him. "Dude! Keep watch."

"I hope one day she finds you leaving gifts, I'd kill to see your face." The faux blonde glares.

"Don't jinx me." Kuroo chuckles. "Okay, I'm done now, let's get the hell out of here."

The two shut the door to your empty classroom and begin walking down the hall, just as they turned the corner you halted before you bumped into them.

"Oh, hey guys." You smiled.

"Hey." They both greet.

"Any luck in finding out who it is?" You ask.

"Nope." Kuroo and Kenma shook their heads.

"You two are always here before me, there's no way you could miss them." You say. "Well I have to talk to my friend, I'll see you at lunch"

You waved them off and Kuroo let's put a breath of relief.

"That was too close for my liking."

"I'm not waking up earlier than I have to." Kenma eyes him from his phone.

"Who's gonna keep watch for me then?"

Kenma shrugs. "How long are you keeping this up?It's been a week now."

"What's the fun in confessing normally?" Kuroo smirks.

"That's why you don't have a girlfriend." Kenma retorts back at his older friend.

"Ouch." Kuroo chuckles.

You entered your classroom and there it was. Yet another box of treats waiting for you. No note. Nothing, just a box of what was cookies this time.

They were your favorite kind as well, your brain was going crazy with trying to figure out who your secret admirer was.

They were still warm, you took a small bite of one and placed it in your bag for later.

Once lunchtime came along, you always met with a few volleyball members and of course, Kuroo and Kenma.

"Another one?" Yaku raises his eyebrows.

"Oohh what's in it this time?" Lev strides over to you, meeting you halfway.

"Cookies." You reply. "Homemade too, I think."

"So he's a chef now?" Yaku eyed Kuroo, who was not amused with him.

"What're you going to do?" Kuroo asks, eager to hear your answer.

"Just wait it out, I guess... I mean what else can I do?" You say.

"You could get to school earlier." Kenma glanced at you momentarily.

"I could." You agreed. "I wish they'd leave a note or something."

"Let me have one." Kuroo takes one without letting you answer, not that you cared. "They're good." He sighs in relief to himself, he didn't get a chance to taste them beforehand.

"I just wanna see who it is!" Lev whined. "He must really like you if he's making you all this food."

Kuroo did not tell Lev about his gift giving, fearing that he'd let it slip and tell you. Mentally, he's laughing at him because the "chef" is right in front of him.

"You and me both, Lev." You laugh.

At some point, you were determined to get to school earlier.

In the meantime, you worked on homework. Catching up on anything that was needed.

Figuring out who this admirer was not on your priority list, sure it was annoying to not have any closure, but if they would continue like this, you'd just have to push it aside.

Obviously it seemed as though they were too scared to come out.

And you had strong feelings for a certain captain. Accepting gifts from another didn't interest you as much as Kuroo did.

Over the next few days, Kuroo grew sloppier in leaving the gifts. Half of him wanted you to catch him in the act, and the other half was underestimating the time you'd arrive.

Plus Kenma said he wouldn't show up any earlier than he normally did if he wanted to keep watch.

Today felt good, you ate breakfast and were going to be a bit earlier to school than you'd normally be.

Kuroo was running later than usual, he had to run to the school with Kenma ahead of him. An odd feeling was taking over him.

He blamed it on gulping his breakfast down in one sitting then sprinting after.

"We've still got time." Kenma says as he kept watch.

"I didn't even get to put them in the right box." Kuroo's chest heaves up and down quickly.

"Who's fault is that, huh? I told you just confess normally." Kenma sighs.

"Just keep watch." Kuroo grumbled.

Kenma rolled his eyes and went to go on his phone, but was confused when he didn't feel it. He then went to search for his backpack where the phone would be, but it wasn't in the room.

He left the room momentarily to go next door and grab his bag from Kuroo's class, where he stayed for a little because the captain wasn't there yet.

Kenma turned it on and read through his notifications, one in particular caught his attention. A text from Yaku, reading; Y/n is here early.

That was sent 3 minutes ago, he left the room and saw your classroom door shut. Part of him was hoping it was Kuroo leaving after he finished, but that was immediately debunked when he saw your hair color from the door window.

He definitely didn't want to be apart of that awkward situation, so he grabbed his things and silently prayed for his best friend.

You entered the classroom and saw a sight you were definitely not expecting.

The Kuroo Tetsurou was leaving a box of treats on your desk.

"Kenma where'd you-"

Kuroo stopped in his tracks as he was met with your eyes.