Only you | S. Daichi

Warnings: hurt/comfort, cursing, tiny bit of jealousy⚠️

It's been a busy week for both you and your boyfriend, some tests for a few classes, Daichi's practices going on for longer than usual, your own club activities, there wasn't a whole lot of time for you and Daichi to hang out.

But it's Sunday and you're free, and as far as you know, Daichi should be free too. Perfect time to spend some much needed time together and just relax.

You tried to call him, but it went to voicemail, so instead you sent a quick text. You decided to get ready in case he answered so you'd be ready to go. You felt really cute, even applying some makeup to finish it off.

Can't today. Finishing last minute practice plans for vball w/ michimiya. Love you!

'Well that backfired.' You think.

That's okay! Next time. I love you too

Was your response back, you don't mind Daichi being with Michimiya, he definitely respected your boundaries, and you know volleyball is very important to him, so getting the gym as much as he possibly can eases his stress.

Now you're not sure what to do exactly. You expected to be with Daichi right about now, you're not going to let this cute outfit go unseen. You decide to go shopping at the cute little kiosks that are set up around town. 

You're a little sad that Daichi has barely texted you, but you know he's occupied. You sent a few pics that reminded you of him, hoping it'd ease his mind.

The next day he came to pick you up so the two of you could walk to school. It was later than usual so you were in a rush. He sighs in relief as you finally walk out the door.

"Sorry, Dai, you could've gone without me." You apologize, the paper you needed for class today was nowhere to be found, so it took you a bit more to get ready.

"You should've managed your time better, you know, having it done the night before so we wouldn't be late." He replies, you were taken back momentarily from his sudden attitude.

"I told you that you could go ahead." You eyebrows furrowed. "I thought the paper was due tomorrow, sorry." With that you picked up the pace to ensure you wouldn't miss the bell.

He stayed quiet, not apologizing. Bags were under his eyes and he walked sluggishly. At one of the last streets before getting to school, Michimiya bumped into you guys.

"Oh hey!" She waves, smiling. You smile back at her.

"Hey, Michimiya." Daichi greeted.

"Wow, I never see you guys this late." She says and as soon as the words leave her mouth, you can already feel the tension between you and your boyfriend grow.

"Yeah well, Y/n wasn't prepared this morning and made us late." Daichi answers.

You really don't want to make Michimiya uncomfortable by arguing in front of her, this should be done in private. "I couldn't find Mr. Tachiro's homework, but I said sorry, Dai." You give him a half smile.

"Still unprepared." He mutters lowly, just enough for you to hear. Hopefully this version of Daichi goes away by lunch.

Michimiya bids you two goodbye and hurries with one of her other friends.

"What's wrong?" You ask him as she's out of earshot. "I get that you're grumpy about something, but you don't have to take it out on me. I didn't mean to make us late. We made it before the bell either way."

"I am not doing this now, Y/n." He brushes you off, rubbing his temple.

"Fine." You say, splitting off from him and going to your own class. Now you're in a sour mood before class, you didn't do anything wrong. You'll cool down by lunch and everything will be fine at the end of the day.