Printer breaker | S. Koushi

Warnings: Cursing, both reader and Koushi are in college, time-skip spoilers⚠️

The man at the other end of the table in the library seemed very frustrated. He was typing an essay, from what you gathered by taking peeks at his laptop, his books spread out in front of him.

It's late at night and you're working on some assignments yourself, but none to the degree of what he was going through.

There's this one class that makes you turn in a paper copy instead of one online, a little old schooled, but you don't mind it so much since the campus library has a printer.

It was weird though, the printer wasn't showing up on your screen to print it, you take a look at the printer and the grey haired man was trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

"Stupid piece of shit." He mumbled aggressively, shooting a glare at the librarian who was nowhere to be found.

This assignment was due tomorrow and you couldn't afford to wake up early and get here since everyone else does it last minute.

You really didn't want to go up to him, he didn't seem like he was having the best day and you going up to offer to help seemed like it'd hurt a guys ego, just from the ones you've met in the past few years.

"Excuse me?" You tried to get his attention, he turned around quickly, his face furrowed.

"What is it?" He says a bit rudely.

"Do you mind if I try and use it?" You ask, pointing to the printer.

"You can try." He raises his hands up in defense. "It won't fucking work and I've tried everything." He sighs. Now feeling a little bad from the way he was talking to you. He steps aside to cool down real quick, he noticed you're very attractive and would not want to speak to you like that again.

You smile and take the reigns, inspecting the printer, nothing seemed wrong with it. It seemed to have all the parts, you're not even sure what you're looking for, but it was intact.

After he finished his round of cooling off, he came back and observed you. You checked behind the printer and found the cord, following it to the outlet it was plugged into.

As soon as you plug it in, the printer began to make noises, giving you obvious signs it was working now. "It was unplugged." You sheepishly smile. You see him run his hands down his hair and face.

"I didn't try that." Now he felt stupid. He just embarrassed himself in front of you. He sees a couple of papers begin to print and he takes them, a few were his and the rest were yours. He took a peek and saw your name. 'Y/n'.

"Any of those mine?" You ask, he glanced up at you and pretended to be looking for his remaining papers that didn't exist.

"Uh-yeah, these ones." He hands them to you, his fingers brushing over yours for a second. 'You're soft'. Is the first thing he thinks of. It was getting late, to the point where the librarian warned the two of you that you had 10 minutes left.

You both looked at each other and respectively nod, a silent thank you. You grabbed your remaining things and sort of waited for the male to finish up, you're not sure why, but you don't want to leave him without at least knowing his name. How you're going to acquire that is beyond you.

"Thank you, have a good night." You both wave to the librarian, who had her bag in her hand already and was waiting for the two of you to finish up. You thank him once he opens the door for you to exit.

"You live far from here?" His gentle voice breaks the silence, less harsh than before, you're sure a relief was taken off of him once the printer worked.

"Not really. 5 minute walk at best." You answer, now walking side by side. He smelled clean, like a laundry clean.

"Let me walk you there, I don't think I could live with myself if something were to happen and I could've prevented it." He explained. "Plus I was kind of a dick before. I'm sorry for that." He motioned to the library now behind you.

"It's okay, don't sweat it. I would've been the same way." You assure. "Especially if all I had to do was plug it in, game over." You both laugh.

"Still, it was rude of me to answer that way, I swear I'm not like that all the time." He chuckles and you joined him. It's heaven to his ears to hear your laugh. "Right or left?"

"Left." You point as you exit the school building, it was pitch black outside, except the occasional street light. "What do you major in?" You start up a conversation.

"Education." He smiles, you can tell he's really enjoying what he's planning on doing with that.

"You look like you're fond of it."

"I really am, couldn't see myself doing anything else." He confidently answers, another attractive thing about him.

"Any idea on what grade you'd like to teach?" You asked.

He thinks for a moment. "Definitely not high schoolers."

"Valid." You chuckle. There it is again, he made you laugh.

"And definitely not kindergartners, not sure I have enough patience for that." He looks back at you, "Before I tell you, what grade do you think I'd teach? Just curious."

You ponder, taking a real good look at him. "Probably 5th grade."

He smiles widely, "Wow, on point, you got it." He sees you eyes the apartment in front of you, indicating this conversation was now over.

"What's your name, printer breaker?" He laughs at the nickname, not expecting that.

"Koushi Sugawara." He says, leading you to the building, "I hate having to cut this short." He admits, the lighting was too dark for you to see the faint pink hue dusting on his cheeks.

"Thank you for walking me back to my place." You sigh, silently agreeing with his statement on having to stop the conversation. It seemed weird to invite him over, way too early for that. "How often do you come to the library?" You've never seen him there at night before, and that's the only time you go.

He's confused on your question, "Almost everyday I think. Why?"

"I normally go only at night, let's study together tomorrow at 4, that sound good?" You suggest, hoping he takes it. The thought of rejection frightened you a little.

His smile makes a comeback on his face, "Yeah, that sounds great. See ya."

"Good night." You smile back, heading into your complex.

You can't remember the last time a guy has given you this many butterflies, surely this wasn't normal. Now you're looking forward to studying with him tomorrow, hopefully, you're praying, that you get some sort of way to contact him.

One time with him just wasn't going to cut it.