I learned it from you | S. Rintarou

Warnings: slight angst⚠️, barely any really. Also in this you are a middle blocker for inarizakis girl volleyball team.

Your relationship with Suna was pretty weird. The two of you were friends, but at the same time loved annoying the hell out of each other. It could be as simple as teasing about who got a higher score on a assignment, to literally degrading each other on the court.

In your opinion it was all fun and games, though he could rile you up real well.

You were having a simple 3v3 game with a few of your teammates. Your libero sending a perfect pass to the setter, you knew it'd be a good one.

"Here!" You yelled. She glanced at you and not even giving it a second thought, she sent the ball your way. Grinning, you stepped back to get into position and do your approach to hit.

Little to your knowledge, Suna and the twins came inside to see what all the ruckus was from both practices being over for a well amount of time.

You waited for the ball to reach it's highest peak before taking your first step in your approach. Finally in the air, everything felt right. Your jump, timing, the swing of your arms that were now in a bow and arrow position.

A pair of arms blocked your view, so you did what you had been training all this time for. You used your whole upper body to increase your range, it was quite interesting to watch. The way you could lean more to one side or another and still hit it powerfully.

The ball landed on the other side of the court with a loud bang, being excited you ran to your teammates and they praised you for the point. You all decided to wrap up for the day and head home.

"Hey." A voice said. You knew that voice, it was no one other than Suna Rintarou.

"What." You say blandly.

"If you hit like that in a game it would get blocked from how short you are." He lightly smirks.

You glared at him, everyone else thought that the hit was nice so why couldn't he compliment you for once? You clicked your tongue in annoyance and left the gym without exchanging any more words.

Finally the lunch bell rang, you were starving. Izu, your best friends and former teammate told you to come each lunch in her classroom, 2-1. Suna was also in class 2-1 so you knew but slightly hoped that he would eat in class 2-2.

Right when you opened the door, you were met with a familiar pair of eyes. Of course he was here, he gave you a slight grin seeing you in the foreign class. He quickly adverted his eyes and continued his conversation.

"Over here!" Izu yelled, you spot her and take your bento and sit in the seat next to her. There were a few other students in the classroom, Osamu and Suna being two of them. You and Suna were separated by 3 desks, so you could slightly make out what conversation they were having and vice versa.

You were engrossed in a conversation with Izu about last night, talking about different strategies and nerves when it came to games.

"Oh! But your hit last night? It was soooo good." She practically yells for the whole class to hear. You rub your arm shyly before responding. You brushed off the compliment which didn't go unnoticed by Suna.

"Well.. what about your digs! They were spectacular yesterday, I wish I could dig them up like that. You probably hear that everyday though," You chuckled dryly.

'Why did she not take the compliment?' Suna asked himself.

Izu reminded you of a golden retriever, she was always a 'go go go' type of person. Her mind went a million miles a second which led to her brushing things off easily and forgetting about them while she yapped about something else.