Attention | H. Shoyo

Warnings: Slight manga spoilers⚠️

"I should probably get this done." You muttered to yourself and set your laptop down, plopping yourself on the couch. Scanning through your textbook in hopes to find the answers to the dreaded essay you had to write for one of your classes.

As much as you wanted to watch tv and wait for your boyfriend, Shoyo, to get home, procrastination got the best of you. So here you were at the last minute trying to finish the essay before midnight.

Your hands typed furiously, not even bothering to check for spelling mistakes as you just wanted to get it over with. Feeling the pulsing headache rising every second, your eyes hurt from the bright screen.

Trying to turn it down, you realized it was already at its lowest setting. Glancing back and forth from the beaming screen to the textbook resting near you.

Being so absorbed in finishing your work, you failed to hear the overfamiliar jangle of the keys outside the door.

You jolted a bit as the door opened, you peered over your shoulder revealing Hinata.

"Hey babe!" He says and dropped his bags at the front door to be picked up later.

"Hey Shoyo." You murmur, never taking your focus off the work in front of you. He started a conversation with you as he normally would, his smile dropped as you weren't answering.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?" You took a deep breath in and continued to type.

"Did you hear what I said?" He asked now walking over to the couch. Once again you didn't answer, being too engaged in the work. He turned his attention to the screen, seeing that you were working and busy, but he wanted your attention.

He decided to let you work while he put his things away and took a needed shower from staying a bit later in practice.

You noticed he was gone, not even thinking much of it and continued to finish up. You neared the last paragraph and just needed to add a few more details.

That was taken away by a sudden poke to your arm, "Oh, hey baby." You smiled and looked into Hinatas eyes for the first time since he'd gotten back from practice.

Though that didn't last long, maybe a few seconds as you looked forward again.

You felt yet another poke to your arm. Then another on your shoulder, then your cheek. He continued to poke you, yearning for your love and attention.

"Pay attention to me! You've been working since I got back and I haven't even gotten a kiss." Hinata pouted. Still no response from you, not even a glance.

He tried everything, he laid on your lap, begging for you to run your fingers through his hair. He hugged your side, repeatedly saying your name, he even tried to get behind you to at least feel your embrace, but still he got nothing.

Finally he resulted in continuously poking you, he wanted to get your attention even if it was a negative result.

"I'm not gonna stop poking you until you give me attention." Hinata says, he waited for you to tell him to stop being annoying so you could work. He watched you quickly shut the computer finally finishing, he wasn't even given the chance to say something as you pulled him in by the shirt, and clashed your lips on his.

Of course he wasn't complaining as he was now getting what he wanted, a frown came upon his face as you pulled back.

"I'm sorry baby, I really had to finish that assignment." You chuckled. "I missed you, how was practice?"

His bright smile was back and exploded with happiness. "It's ok." He began, then going on about the cool things he did at practice, even mentioning the crazy antics that happened between Sakusa and Atsumu.

You had him snuggled to your chest as he talked about his day, you kissed the top of his head and ran your fingers through his orange locks. Eventually the two of you took a quick power nap to restore your energy and continue the rest of your night.