56

Around 2:00 in the morning, Aen looks out the window as the private plane that Yoongi rented for his surprise (birthday) for her had safely landed back at Incheon Airport.

The staff had told them that some news reporters have been waiting for their arrival at the airport's entrance.

And to avoid the media, Yoongi decided that they leave the airport via the VIP back exit again.

As soon as they we're on the highway.

Yoongi sighs deeply and then he looks at Aen, concern evident in his eyes.

"You probably should avoid watching the news or checking social media."

"Ohh... Are we the hot topic right now in Korea?" Aen asks.

Yoongi nods at her.

"I see."

"I'll also take you to work later."

"Yoon..."

"I'm really worried... What if... some reporters would try to ambush you on your way to work?"

"Well... I'll try to avoid them. So stop worrying so much."

Aen holds Yoongi's hand to assure him she'll be okay and he intertwines them.

And with his other arm, he caresses her face.

"I can't. How can I not worry about you? You are my everything Aen-nah and I don't want you to get hurt."

Aen smiles at Yoongi.

"Alright... You win. You can take me to work later if that will ease your mind from worrying too much about me..."

Yoongi smiles back at her.

"It will Jagi. Now, let's rest up for a bit."

He gently moves his hand from her face to the back of her head to guide Aen to lay her head on his shoulder.

"Okay."

And they both slept for the remaining 40 minutes until they separate once they arrive at Aen's apartment.

Yoongi hopes they weren't any reporters waiting for them at her apartment.

He's really worried about her well-being and doesn't want to overwhelm Aen with how Korean media works.

As soon as they arrive at her place, Yoongi helps her out with her luggage and bids farewell once he sees that Aen had safely gotten inside her apartment complex.

He wanted to accompany her to her unit but Aen insisted that Yoongi goes back home so he can rest for a bit before getting ready for work as well.

"I'll be okay."

"But-"

Aen kisses him on his lips.

"Go and rest up Jagi. I'll see you in two hours and I'll prepare breakfast."

And so Yoongi went home smiling with no complaints.

When he arrived at his place, he felt relief that no reporters were waiting for him as well outside the apartment complex his staying in.

Once he arrived at his unit, he did rest up for a bit as he was told to by Aen.

An hour later he woke up and prepared himself for work.

Once he's done, and with lots of free time until he goes to Aen's apartment to pick her up, he sits on his couch and turns on the television to watch the news that's related to them.