18

Things really have become awkward after Angel left.

Yoongi sat on the sofa and tried distracting himself with his phone by scrolling Twitter to pass the time or replying to the kid's messages to him.

He feels restless because he can feel that she's staring at him and he suddenly feels too shy to look up.

So he just thinks back to the events that. happened today.

[FLASHBACK]

A few seconds before Jung Kook called him, he suddenly felt uneasy and then his wrist started hurting.

Although the pain was bearable, he still thinks something wrong might be happening... especially to her...

And he was right, when he answered Jung Kook's call, he could her the anxiety etched on his voice as he explains to him what happened to her.

He became pale and without a second thought, went to the office of the department head to ask permission to leave since his soulmate got into an accident and was rushed to the hospital.

With that circumstances, he was granted permission since it's under the Soulmate System Act.

Before he left the office though, Jun came running after him and handed him a hat and a face mask, telling him 'so you won't attract too much attention' and he thank him for that.

He really thinks, Jun is a good friend and that he needs to treat him later.

He then rushed to the hospital as fast as he can. It was a really good idea that he decided to bring his car with him every day to work.

Otherwise, he would have to commute or tell the guys to pick him up and that might stir a commotion.

When he arrived there, the boys were waiting for him already outside the hospital, inside Joon's car.

They told him what happened again and decided that not all of them will go inside the hospital as to not attract too much attention.

So Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jimin decided that they'll go home first and just wait for the news there while Taehyung and Jeongguk went with Yoongi inside the hospital to support him.

They look for her at the hospital help desk and found her in the public ward which is bad news.

There are lots of people there and Yoongi can't just simply approach her. So they went to see the doctor in charge of her first and ask about her condition.

He also told the doctor their plan on moving her to a private room if it's possible and he agreed after they told him Yoongi was the patient's soulmate.

They also contacted her workplace about it. After all, everything needs to be confidential.

After that, Yoongi settled all the bills and then they went inside her room once she was settled in.

Once inside her private room, Taehyung then called the others to let them know everything that happened.

Yoongi sat down on the chair, beside her bed and just stared at her, processing everything.

He noticed there was a small bandage on her upper right forehead and some light bruises on her arms.

It must've hurt. But she was sleeping peacefully which he's glad for, because she doesn't look like she's in pain.

The doctor also told them earlier that she was okay and that they didn't see anything serious with her condition which made Yoongi feel relieved.

Still, he wants them to check on her again once she wakes up to be sure, so they just wait for now.