13

"We probably should introduce ourselves first. I'm... Min Yoongi."

I feel a bit hesitant... Is it really okay to say my name to her...

"I'm... I'm Aen. Palma Aen. I'm a year younger than you and as you've seen earlier, I work at the Yakult Company and the office you work right now as your public service is one of my delivery stops."

She knows me.

"Ohhh... I guess... You probably knew who I am then."

She nodded.

I chuckled nervously and scratch the back of my neck. Of course, she knows who I am... Hahaha... Why didn't I think of that... Now what? What should I say?

When I look at her, she gave me a sad smile which made me somehow feel uneasy.

"Yes. I know who you are. I didn't just expect you to be my soulmate. I don't know why I cried earlier when I saw you but you don't need to worry. It's not like we should get together since we're soulmates. I believe you're not obligated to do that..."

Well, that's unexpected.

Then she looked away from me and continued talking.

"... and besides... You deserved someone better. Better than me."

What??? What does she mean by that?

Then she looked at me with a hurt expression making my stomach churn.

"Sorry for being a disappointment."

"What are you talking about?" I asked her.

By now I'm confused and she probably can see it on my face. Like what the hell is going on? What is she-

"I'm sorry for being your soulmate."

Suddenly I feel a pang of hurt.

"Wait a minute, Aena-sshi. I... I don't understand. Why are you apologizing for being my soulmate?"

Did I do something wrong?

"I... You don't need... to understand. It's probably... for the best if you don't know anything... about me."

Before I could say something. She suddenly stood up.

"If by chance... we see each other on the street, let's just pretend... we're strangers. That we... don't know each other... Trust me... This is... the best for both of us."

No... Wait. I wanted to say it but my voice suddenly feels dry. Then she bowed and look at me.

"Thank you for the drink. I'll take my leave now. Please take good care of yourself."

She gave me one last sad smile and then started walking away from me.

I feel like my eyes are burning. I feel stunned. I feel like my voice won't come out if I speak. I didn't even get to say anything much to her. She just left like that... Hahaha... So, that's it.

After a few minutes, I couldn't take it anymore so I left the cafe as well and went home.

When I arrive at the Gangnam Residence, I didn't feel like going up to my apartment, I feel so uneasy like my mind's gonna explode from something.

I didn't quite comprehend so I roam around the mini park inside the residence.

After awhile, I got tired.