30

The night is young and the mini park inside Yoongi's residence has a peaceful ambiance.

Yoongi had suggested that they talk here instead to avoid the prying eyes and ears of other people.

Aen hasn't started to talk yet but somehow the atmosphere already feels so tense you could almost taste it.

So Yoongi sighs and breaks the silence.

"Aen-nah... What is it that you want to talk about?"

And Aen sighs as well. I guess this is it. Here goes nothing.

"Sorry... To be honest... I'm quite nervous... I'm not sure how to start... Haha. I've... I've like... memorized this scenario a thousand times already but... being here... right now... talking to you about this... feels a little frightening..."

"Then you don't have to do this-"

"No. I need... to do this... I need to tell you... everything... about the truth..."

"What truth?"

Yoongi's brows furrow.

"It's-"

"Ahh... Is it about why we can't be together?"

Aen nods.

"I already know. You don't have to tell me."

Yoongi said coldly.

"What? How? When?"

Aen panicked at the information.

"At the bridge... The person who called you after I confess. It's your lover right?"

"What?"

"I've connected the dots. That's why I didn't try to contact you after. I don't want to intrude on you two. If I had known, I wouldn't even tried and confess and maybe we could have still stayed as friends but I think that's impossible for now."

Yoongi stands up.

"I felt betrayed. You could've told me from the start. I would've understood and wouldn't try to..."

Yoongi sighs.

"It's getting late... You should probably go and since you know the way out already... I won't escort you there..."

Yoongi was about to leave when Aen grabbed his hand.

"You've got it all wrong!!!"

"What?"

"I... I don't have a lover."

"Aen-nah... Please stop... Stop lying."

"About having a lover? I don't have one. I'm not lying. But I did betray you and that's the truth."

Yoongi looks confused but Aen kept quiet.

"Then who was that person?"

Yoongi holds Aen's arms gently urging her to look at him but she refrained to do so.

"Aren't you going to tell me everything? If that person isn't your lover, then who is it?"

Yoongi was a bit nervous. He wasn't exactly ready for the next few words that comes out of Aen's mouth.

"It's my child."

Yoongi was taken aback and lets go of Aen's arms.

"What?"