16

A few hours later, Aen woke up again.

When she opened her eyes, her close friend and co-worker Angel rushed to her side holding her hands tight and she was close to tears.

[A/N: Ate - Older Sister, "Naman" is a expression that is being attached to a phrase (Filipino sentence)]

"Ate!! Ate!! Are you okay? Does anything hurt? I'm sorry I wasn't here. I didn't know. They only told me what happened when I went back to the company. And then I rushed here as fast as I can."

I tried sitting up and she helped me.

"S-slow down." I touch her head lightly.

What a worry wart.

"I'm sorry. If I have known earlier, I would've ditched work and come rushing here."

"It's okay. I'm okay. So stop worrying. And don't even try ditching work or you'll get scolded."

"Ate naman!! How can I not worry? They told me you were hit by a speeding bike and you fainted. I was really scared when I heard that, you know. I don't even care if I get scolded."

"But I do. Because you'll feel down if they scold you."

"But-"

"No buts."

And then she pouted. How cute.

I look at the surroundings. He isn't here. Did he... leave?

I look at my wrist, 50 steps away.

Ohhh.

"Hey, Gel. When you, uhm, came here, was there someone in here?"

"Ohhh... You mean the guy that was holding your wrist?"

"What?"

"Yeah.. he was holding your wrist when I came, I asked him about what happened to you and he told me the same thing the HR told me at the company. After that he step out for a bit. He said he needed to buy something."

"Ohhhhh..."

"Who is he by the way?"

She looked at me suspiciously.

"He's... uhm, my soulmate..."

"Ohhh..."

"Yeah..."

"Wait... What?! How?! When?! Why?! You never told me you found him?!"

"It's complicated."

"Is this why you are so stressed these past few weeks?"

"Let's not talk about it here, please. When we go home, I'll tell you all about it."

"Fine. I'll let this slide since you are unwell. By the way, does your head still hurt? The guy, I mean your soulmate told me before he left to ask you if you woke up."

"No. It doesn't."

And neither is my wrist.

A soft knock is heard and then the door opened. Yoongi look at me and he was with somebody.

"The doctor is here. He wants to speak to you."

Ohhh...

The doctor looks at me and smiled. There's also a nurse beside him. Then they both started walking closer and I suddenly felt anxious.