22

Morning came and Yoongi left early to buy them breakfast.

It's not that Aen complains about hospital food, but Yoongi decided to buy some so she lets him, after all the doctor didn't say she can't eat this or that.

Besides who is she to say no to free food?

While waiting for him, she thinks back to last night's events and sighs.

How did they end up being friends? She was supposed to make him stay away from her life. But now he's starting to get involved with her more.

Is this fate's way of saying 'You can never escape the system no matter what' so they just have to stick to it?

Another sigh lefts her mouth.

Friends, huh...

She looks at her wrist.

5249 steps.

He's not that far. And then she thinks about what he says last night and guesses it's probably true then since the pain in her wrist is bearable now.

It can't be helped then so she decided to just stick to being friends, nothing more, nothing less.

-----

When Yoongi comes back with the food, Aen notices he has changed clothes again.

She thinks he's probably gonna go to work after breakfast and then she suddenly feels a bit sad.

She doesn't want to stay in the hospital all alone, Angel's at work already and she can't stay with her.

She only has him now but she's afraid of voicing it out and being a burden to Yoongi, after all, he already stayed the night.

"Hey, did I go out for too long? Are you hungry? Do you wanna eat now?"

Concerns laced in his voice.

Why? Am I that easy to read?

"Not really... but yeah... Let's eat now, I'm hungry."

"Ohh... Okay."

And he sets the table.

We both ate silently until Yoongi decided to break the silence.

"So, what's the problem? Come on... Tell me."

"Wha- I-It's nothing."

"It's not 'nothing' Aen-nah. I can see it on your face."

"S-see what?"

She looked away.

"That something is troubling you. So tell me."

Shit.

"Y-Yoongi..."

"Aren't we friends? You know you can tell me. At least I can try and help you with whatever's bothering you."

"B-but there's nothing-"

"Aen."

"Fine. A-are you... going to work?"

Yoongi looks taken aback. It's as if he wasn't expecting such a question from her.

"What?"

She looked away.

"I-I mean... Don't you... have work?"

"I do. But why are you asking about it?"

Yoongi looks confused.