11

(A/N: Listen to SURAN's I'll be fine.)

I tried my best to hold back my tears and look back at Yoongi.

"Sorry for being a disappointment."

"What are you talking about?" Yoongi asked, confusion written on his face.

"I'm sorry for being your soulmate."

"Wait a minute, Aena-sshi. I... I don't understand. Why are you apologizing for being my soulmate?"

"I... You don't need... to understand. It's probably... for the best if you don't know anything... about me."

Then I stood up. I can't stay here any longer.

"If by chance... we see each other on the street, let's just pretend... we're strangers. That we... don't know each other... Trust me... This is... the best for both of us."

I bowed and look at him one last time. Confusion is still written on his face.

"Thank you for the drink. I'll take my leave now. Please take good care of yourself."

I gave him one last smile and then I started walking away from him.

This is for the best. I'll walk away from him forever, from his life, and forget everything. I'll try and forget this ever happened. It's better this way. If he doesn't know anything about me, then it won't hurt him.

Eventually, as time goes by he'll forget my existence as well and live a good life.

A life without a disappointment like me. It hurts so damn much, but the funny thing is I'm happy. Because I did something good for him and did not let him be tied down to me just because of a stupid system.

I went home with tears running down my face and a searing pain in my wrist that will never fade away.

-----

"Ate (Older Sister)? What happened?!"

Angel rushed to me immediately as soon as she saw me sitting down on the floor as soon as I arrived at our shared apartment.

Clutching my wrist, tears ran down my face.

"What's wrong? Tell me?! Should I call an ambulance or-"

"I'm fine. Just help me up to the couch."

"Fine?! But you don't look fine to me at all!"

She complained but still help me up to sit on the couch.

"Do you need anything?"

Concern was written on her face and smiled at that.

"A bandage, please. I need to wrap this up and some pain medicine."

"You do know taking a pain medicine will only lessen the pain and not take it away."

"I know. But I need it so I can work tomorrow. So please."

"Fine. Wait here for a minute and I'll go get it."

"Thanks."

I gave her a sad smile and she walk away looking unamused.

Lessening the pain is the only thing I can do for now. I need to stay strong for now and finished my contract here before I can go home.