Chapter 20

Catherine's point of view

I sat on the couch, flipping through the channels on the television. It was around eight pm and I was bored. Yesterday was fun, being in an interview.

'You only need to answer three questions' pfft Ashton is such a liar. Practically that whole thing was about me. However, he's cute so I guess it kind of cancels out he lied to me. And besides, he didn't know.

A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts and j furrowed my eyebrows together. Who could that be? I stood up, taking the remote with me just in case I need a weapon, and went to the door.

I opened the door and there stood Ashton. "It's eight, why are you here?" I asked as I looked at him. "You should be asleep."

"Am I 6? Or am I 60?" he asked me and I rolled my eyes as I let him in. I shut the door behind him and turned to face him.

"You act like both," I answered and he chuckled. "But why are you here? I know I'm addictive, but it's not enough to make them come crawling back."

"Who wouldn't crawl back? You're amazing." Ashton said and I blushed a bit. "Anyways, I'm here because we're going on an adventure."

"At eight pm?" I asked and he nodded. "Won't you like get mobbed by fangirls as soon as you're seen?"

"It's dark, no one will know it's me." he said and I scoffed. "And besides, who is going to be up and around looking for us at this time?"

"Because your fangirls won't know your voice or your laugh." I said but thought about his offer. "However, an adventure doesn't sound that bad."

"See? Now go get dressed. Something simple. Jeans and a sweater." he told me and I nodded. I went to my room and straight to my closet.

I grabbed an all black hoodie, white tank-top, and a pair of light washed skinny jeans. I stripped down and threw it all on. It feels good being in all black. I picked up my white converse and put them on, after putting a pair of socks on.

I grabbed my brush and brushed my hair out before putting it in a messy ponytail. I put on a tiny bit of make-up and then grabbed my phone. I stuffed it in my back pocket before running back to the living room.

"Where are we going?" I asked him and he shrugged. "You don't know?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nope, but that's the fun part." he said and I nodded. "Come on," he said and I nodded. I grabbed my house keys and stuffed them in my hoodie's pocket once I locked it behind us.

"Oh, and don't tell Calum. He'll go crazy and I might be banned from seeing you." I nodded and followed him to his car. We got in and I buckled my seatbelt.

"You don't have Usher in there too, do you?" I asked him and he looked at me confused. "Calum had Usher on in his car and the first song that came on was 'Hey Daddy'." I explained and he nodded.

"No," he said quickly. "It's a band. You've probably never heard of them." he said as he turned the car on.

"Try me," I challenged as I rolled down my window. That's the fun part about being in a car, the window down and air hitting your face.

"Bring Me The Horizon," he answered and I nodded. "Know them?" he asked me and I nodded my head. "Well, name a song." he told me as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Really Ash?" I asked and he nodded. "Go To Hell For Heaven's Sake," I said and he chuckled. "I listen to them, they're cool."

"Wanna know who's cooler?" he asked and I hummed as I looked at him. "5 Seconds Of Summer, I heard they're pretty cool too." he said and I laughed.

"I don't think they're all that. They're not my cup of tea." I said and he pouted. "However, they are pretty attractive boys." I said and he rose an eyebrow.

"Even the drummer?" he asked me and I looked at him. He had a black bandana in his hair, a black fitted long sleeve, and as always, black skinny jeans.

"Yeah," I answered. "Even the drummer," I said and he smiled at me. "Although, he looks like a robber right now." I said and we laughed.

"My whole closet is like black, I don't have much of a choice." he told me and I rolled my eyes.

"You bought your clothes," I told him and he shrugged. "How do we know we aren't going to get lost?" I asked adter a nice silence.

"You can't get lost when you don't know where you're going." he told me and I rolled my eyes. You actually can. But I didn't want to correct him, let him think what he wants.

"I am going to die, why did I agree to this?" I asked as I looked out the window. The wind rushed agaisnt my face and I smiled.

"Because you love me," a little more than I should.

"Whatever," I said.

• • •

"Let's stop here," Ashton said and pulled over. It was a dirt road and I knew because the sound of gravel underneath the tires. I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"You know how to get us back to my house, right?" I asked and he handed me a flashlight. "If not, I will kick your ass right here, right now." I told him.

"Yeah, I know how to get us back." he said and turned his flashlight on. I stood by his side and we walked around. "I can hear water moving."

I hummed and turned my flashlight on aswell. "I do too, let's investigate." I said and followed the sound of moving water. He laughed but followed me anyways.

Ashton kept his flashlight up and around to make sure everything was clear and I kept mine on the ground so I don't fall into a hole like Alice In Wonderland.

"Down there," he said and pointed his flashlight at a body of water. I walked down to it and Ashton followed. "It's beautiful." he said and I agreed.

"I don't even know where we are." I said and walked up to the water. I looked up and saw the stars and moon clearly. "Wow," I said and Ashton looked up aswell.

"I'd love to see this every morning when I wake up." Ashton said and I agreed with him. "Wanna go swimming?" he asked me and I looked at him like he's crazy.

"I'm not dressed to go swimming." I told him as I shined the flashlight on him. "Unless you mean skinny dipping which, I love you and all, but I don't think this darkness will cover me well enough to feel comfortable walking around naked around you."

"Come on," he said. "I have towels in my car and extra sets of clothes." he told me. I have never seen this side of him, I like it.

"We don't know if there's anything in there," I said and he shined his light on it. It seemed like a lake, and it probably was. "Could be snakes."

"You're right," he said. "But maybe there isn't," he said and I laughed.

"You really wanna go swimming in a place we don't know?" I asked and he shrugged. "You have a career ya know? What if an alligator chops your arm off? No more drumming for you."

"There's no alligators, I'm 99% sure." he said and I laughed. "And yeah, I know I have a career to maintain, but does that mean it has to stop me from living my life? I'm still human. I wanna have crazy ass adventures like this."

"True," I said and thought about it. "How about this, we can come again in the morning when we can actually see the place," I told him. "And go swimming. It can be us two again or we can bring the boys."

"Deal." he said and I smiled. "But let's make this place our little secret. After all, everyone deserves to have some secrets." he told me and I nodded.

"Let's head back to the car," I said and he nodded. "You're crazy Ashton, you know that? There are so many risks this adventure could have caused."

"But you're crazier for agreeing to come." he told me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I told him and we both laughed.

"We can be crazy together though." Ashton told me and my stomach fluttered. I knew he meant it as best friends, but god did I wish it meant more.

"Yeah, we can."