Chapter 1

Catherine's Point if View

"Cat?" someone asked as they knocked on my door. I looked up from my book and nodded. I had to push my reading glasses up so they didn't fall.

"Yeah?" I asked. It was my dad and he looked like he was mentally debating something. He walked in and my mum followed behind him, oh I didn't see her.

"We have to tell you something." he said and I put my book down on my lap.

"What is it?" I asked. Wow, this feels like those tv shows. If this is really like those, this is the part where the dad shows his black eyes and the mum smirks and has all black eyes too and then they try to attack me and then the two cute guys come in and shoot them with some special gun.

"Well, we wanted to wait until you were old enough to understand but you have to understand, we were scared to tell you." my mum said and I chuckled. Yep, sounds like one of those shows, I'm just waiting.

"What's going on? Are you guys some sort of creature that are about to get shot or something?" I asked and they chuckled half-heartedly.

"No, b-"

"Are you guys sick of cancer and only have a few more months to live?" I asked and they shpok their heads.

"Yo-"

"Did you guys mess with drug dealers and now th-"

"Would you let us finish?" my mum asked annoyed and I nodded. "Finally, now no interrupting." she said and I nodded.

"Well, you aren't exactly our daughter." my mum said. What am I? An alien? Oh, that'd be cool. But then I would have the FBI trying to kill me.

"What do you mean? Are you like a step-mum or step-dad or something?" I asked, confused.

"What we're trying to say i-"

"You were adopted!" my mum blurted out and my dad looked at her shocked. My eyes widened and I shook my head. This is so much to take in. It may seem like a little but fuck this is a lot. Me being an alien would have been less of a surprise.

"What?" I asked. "How?" I asked. Oh how was I adopted. Oh ya know, we just bought you from a drug dealer, WE GOT YOU FROM AN ORPHANAGE, HOW THE FUCK ELSE?!

"We are unable to have children ourselves. So we went to an adoption center and adopted you." mum said and I shook my head.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked, hurt. My own 'parents' didn't tell me I was adopted. I would have understood at age thirteen or age fourteen. Hell I probably would have understood at age twelve.

"We wanted to wait until you could understand and so we could explain and you would understand." my dad said and I shook my head.

"Why not sooner? I'm almost eighteen fucking years old. You hid the fact that I'm adopted for my whole life?" I asked, hurt and angry. How could they!? I may not have been an straight A student back then but I wasn't stupid.

"We were scared you would hate us. We love you and we knew you would want to go look for your real family after we told you. We just didn't want you to leave and forget about us." my mum said as she held my hands.

"I wouldn't forget about you guys, I would never. Sure you're right, I wanna know who my real family is, but I'm not gonna forget about you." I said. My mum was crying and my dad was tearing up. I don't understand why though. "Mum, dad, don't cry." I said.

They engulfed me in a hug and I chuckled. I hugged them back and my mum was crying on my shoulder. "Mum, why are you crying?" I asked and she sniffled.