Chapter 10

Cat's point of view

"But mum, I don't wanna go to the party," I said, whining like a nine year old who didn't get what they wanted. I pouted at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"C'mon Cat, your cousins would love to see you after god knows how long." she said. They weren't my real cousins and we both knew that, but it didn't matter. Blood or not I consider them family. They're the only family I knew, besides Calum, I've known him for a few days though.

"Fine," I said and she smiled triumphantly. "Only because A) I get to see Mina and B) I-" I started but my mum cut me off.

"I know dear, now go get dressed, we leave in thirty minutes." she said and then left my room. I stood here dumbfounded. My mum left me and cut me off. I've taught her well.

I turned around and looked in my closet for something to wear. I grabbed a black tank-top with the 'parental advisory, explicit content' sign on it and a pair of ripped light washed skinny jeans. I grabbed a pair of black converse and threw them with the outfit. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed some white socks.

I quickly stripped down and threw the outfit on. I didn't need to shower, I showered in the morning. It was like 2pm right now. Funny, it feels like 4pm for some reason.

Once I finished lacing uo my shoes, I went to the bathroom and started fixing my hair and make-up. Something simple to hide some pimpes and to make my eyes stand out. My hair was just brushed and pushed to the side.

Jewelry was simple, as always. My infinity ring, a few band bracelets on one arm, a few charm bracelets on the other, sapphire earrings, a butterfly pendant necklace. It wasn't over the top, but it wasn't boring.

Once I finished I ran out of my room, remembering to grab my phone and earphones. I never leave the house without my phone and earphones, never. I walked out of my room and into the living room, where my dad was sitting on the couch watching sports.

"Ready?" he asked without looking at me and I nodded. Soon my mum walked out of the room all dressed up and everything. Her hair in curls and make-up done. "Let's go," my dad said as he turned the t.v off.
· · · · · ·

"Who're you texting Cathy?" my cousin Mina asked me. I looked up from my phone and she stared at me waiting for an answer.

"My idiot friend," I said and she squealed. She jumped up and stared firing questions at me.

"Is it Kelsey? I haven't seen her in forever! Or is it a boy? Ooh my cousin's got a boyfriend!" she said and I laughed. I was texting Calum, so she got the boy part right, somewhat. He's not my boyfriend, that'd be weird.

"He's a friend," I said and she rolled her eyes. "You roll your eyes so much, I'm surpirsed they haven't fallen out of your head yet." I said and she rolled her eyes again.

"What's his name? Is he cute? Is he funny? Is he one of those adorable dorks? Ooh is he muscular? Why do you like him?" she started asking me and I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm. I guess it's because I'm been boyfriend-less for years and just the mention of a boy in my life makes her excited that I have a new one. But obviously, I'm still lonely with just my pillow to cuddle at night.

"His name is Calum. He's funny yes, and he's a dork. His arms are quite big and we're just close friends." I said, not knowing what to say at the end. I don't know if they want me to say he's my brother so for right now, he's just a close friend, all the boys are. And besides, I'm still not over the fact he's my brother.

"Calum? As in from 5 Seconds of Summer?" she asked me and I shook her head. "Oh okay, good. I was about to freak out."

"I thought you didn't like them," I said with an eyebrow raised. She scoffed and placed her hand over her heart.

"Do you not know me at all?" she asked and I looked down at my phone. Calum had sent me a photo of all of them goofing around saying, 'this is what we do backstage'. "But you're right, I don't really like them. My friend does, he's like the biggest fan boy ever, it's quite annoying."

"Him and Kelsey would be perfect. Both obsessed with 5 Seconds of Summer." I said as I texted him back and then looked up.

"They're gonna have kids and their kids will be 5sos fans," she said and I laughed. I dunno if it was because of what she said or because of the picture of of Luke's butt on my phone or both, but I laughed.

"It's pronounced 5sauce," I corrected her as I looked up. She rolled her eyes and I chuckled. "Just saying man,"

"Jesus, first Josh, then Kelsey, and now you? Am I the only one here who doesn't care for this band?" she asked me and shrugged my shoulders.

"They're idiots," I said, knowing she wouldn't know if I was talking about what the show on t.v or if I knew them personally. And since they're famous, I'm pretty sure the latter was out of the question. "And besides,you know I don't really like them."

"I know," she said and I chuckled. "They're cute though," she said and I nodded my head, agreeing with her. "Especially the one with long hair, er Ashton I think? Or was it Alex?"

"Ashton," I said and I looked up. "He is quite attractive and outgoing." I said, thinking about all the times we've hung out. Which was only like four or five but hey, still good memories.

"Yeah," she said in a dreamy sigh and I rolled my eyes. I bet she was picturing him in some unholy way. I could nev-oh wait never mind, I can. But I don't want to, it's a bit wrong.

"Snap out of it Melina, he's three years older than you." I said, snapping my fingers in front of her face. She shook her head and looked at me with a blush on her cheeks.

"Sorry," she squeaked and I chuckled.

"Not that into them huh," I said as I put my phone away. Calum had to start the interview now, so he couldn't text back. "You seem really into them,"

"Whatever, they're just really cute." she said.

"And by cute you mean they're so hot you want them to fuck you against a wall." I said and she gasped. Her cheeks turned redder and I laughed.

"Cat!" she yelled but she didn't deny it. Even if she did, we both knew she'd be lying. They're an attractive bunch and have millions of girls dropping their panties for them, and I am not one, however, Melina is.

I scrunched my face up, remembering I'm talking about my brother and his bandmates. Oh ew. I pretended to gag and I'm sure Mina thought I was possessed. That's gross, I just said she'd fuck my brother if she was given the chance. That's disgusting.

"Hairball?" she asked confused and I started laughing. Soon she started laughing aswell and our parents had to come in and make sure we weren't dying.

"You two are a special bunch," her mum said and we nodded. We're both quite outgoing and loud, and put us together, we're a disaster waiting to happen.

Er this is a bit short and I apologize. My head is killing me but I needed to update for you guys. The next chapter will be longer, I promise. xx